Andy's Friedman SS from the pack 9

• ..is just stunning profile .
    I do not know is this about matching of my 2 TAG's with this profile or what, but this is the BEST profile up to date I have on my KPA .
    Better and more alive than recently unbeaten Morgan 20 or Golub Marshall, older members will know what I mean .
    Lazy, slow, hungry and roaring HB with volume rolled down a bit is a must (in addition of mahogany body guitar ) , in addition of Pure Buster on -0.3 say....
    Then, just rip your guitar amp/cab on 11 and you are there, in the tone heaven . :rolleyes:
    Dirty bell alike , slightly busted cleans, roaring crunch tones from the hell bore hole and endless , sustained creamy solo tones ( hot Crimea alike) 8o all in one profile.
    Just play with tone/volume pots and your dynamic fingers touch , a bit.
    Is this about Friedman, Steve Stevens or Andy I don't know.
    I know I played it for two days in a row , and will play it more and more .

It is very funny thing, that KPA in my studio .
    It staying there doing just faking nothing .
    Then suddenly , when I download some new profile, like this bloody good Friedman SS this KPA thing becomes facking alive ,unbeaten valve amp and beyond

Where is the limit my dear CK ,and are you 100 % sure that you know what you've been created ??? 8o

Thanks Andy man , you did it . This time 101% !!!

For the guys who are (pussy alike dilemmas story ) thinking of buying KPA or not, only this profile is enough reason to buy bloody thing .

Not to open new discussion, but If MW pack is even close to this profile, I'll buy it right on the spot .

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited 3 times, last by Rescator ().

• I have a ton of Andy's stuff.. love them.. been heavy into his 2-Rock assortments lately.. but in keeping with your Friedman post... Soundside has an awesome Friedman Pink Taco profile that just kills!! I used it on a track this morning and it just hammers with a wall of overdrive guitar... I love the Friedman amps... I'll have to get Andys as well. thanks for the heads up!

Gettin' funky up in here..

• Will check Armin's Pink Taco for sure ,thanks for hint .
    And yes Raoul , another stunning member of pack 9 is XTC .
    But, I simply couldn't manage to switch from Friedman SS to XTC (bought them together with SS)
    Will give it a chance these days ...

• I was playing with the Trainwreck again last night at loud rehearsal volumes. Awesome sounds with my hollowbody prs- lovely creamy solo tone...... Am gonna have to try this one now though too;)

• Ha thanks for the kudos res, but im sure its SS fault for why its so good, he knows his tone. In fact all this brand range is great, they are the no.1 hot people for modded marshall tones currently.

keep on rockin :)

You are so humble person Andy .

There are lots of excellent amps with bad profiles and vice versa.

The best case scenario is -nice amp/nice profiling , as in this case. :thumbup:
    So it must be something with yours skills to capture that magic tone on the right way.... ;)

• Hello people, what are you talking about? Pack 9, SS - what's that and where can i download it. I'm looking for s friedman rig so hard... Please help me... ;)

• I just bought this profile today based on this thread and wanted to chime in. It's a very nice "chunky" amp. There are no real clean profiles but the listed clean profiles clean up nicely. Unlike many other Amp Factory profiles I've bought it seems to be presented in its "raw" state verses altered with additional eq and fx. I like it a lot and look forward to using it soon. Great work Andy!

Dave
    music producer/guitarist
    4 room facility running Logic, PT and DP-
    Current amps-Kemper, Peavy C30, Fender Blues Deville- lots of pedals
    DBW Studio | YouTube | Facebook
    come and profile your amp at my studio!

• I think you're right 100% Dave .
    Rough profiles ,without any EQ or stomp ,even with minimal colourization in amp section are what is Kemper all about.
    And Kemper is about REAL AMP TONE, or beyond ? :)
    Also, it seems it becomes some kind of newest Kemper fashion , started by Armin from soundside.de a long time ago , if I am not mistaken ...
    I went so far and erased ALL profiles which don't sound good that way .
    Simply , I do not like any more any Kemper EQ (even they are fantastic, but not for me in this stage)
    Of course it is just my personal , very subjective preference .

I think Andy changed his profiling style , and now new TAF's sound just stunning !

The only thing I still do not like, is when bundle is consist of +100 profiles .
    Maybe some people like it , but I think it is wasting of time ,both for profiler and customer.
    Per amp - max 10-20 profiles, that's it .
    Out of those 10-20 I choose and tweak 3-5 , put in Performance mode , and now I have 5 sounds of one amp in one Performance line .
    Clean, Crunch , Brown , Heavy and some FX =5 rigs ,done .
    More or less this is what is happening in real life and with real amps.

To each its own,enjoy diversity :)
    Cheers,
    Zoran

• Just stumbled to this clip I made back when this was released. EQ'd a bit on the dark side, but I like the midrange bark in it.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Just stumbled to this clip I made back when this was released. EQ'd a bit on the dark side, but I like the midrange bark in it.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Nice Julai. I love the SS friedman, great tone another one of my fav profiles from Andy