One-cable kit for the FCB1010 anyone?

• Hey gang,

I wonder if someone upgraded his Behringer FCB1010 with the one cable kit already and is willing to share some info?

• I would like to know about the 7-pin cable. Is it stage proof quality? From the picture shown on fcb1010.eu it looks like a simple and cheap cable, nothing special.
    • I can't seem to find info on the power adapter. Is it standard 9V like it's used for most stomp boxes? How many mA required?
    • Can't find info on LxWxH of the converter box. I wonder if I can place the converter box nicely in the back hole of my unpowered toaster ... as shown in the drawing below. From watching the pictures it seems to big to put it the way shown in my quick drawing.

[Blocked Image: http://www.wikpa.org/_files/fcb-one-cable.png]

Installation of the electronics in the FCB1010 seems to be pretty straight forward, no holes to drill. :thumbup:

Thanks
    Martin

PS: For those who don't know what I'm talking about, here's the link:
    http://www.fcb1010.eu/

• I've got my toaster and wireless-receiver in a small 6U rack so there's room in the back to mount the kit properly. I would have made the converter-box so that it would fit inside the back of the toaster, secured by the existing chassis screws. Ideally both power and MIDI should be pulled from within the KPA too so there's no loose cables and nothing sticking out from the back when you put the KPA in its bag or case.

The 7-pin cable is a standard cable that is no less stage-proof than any other midi cable.

• Thanks for your reply. :)

I don't put my toaster in a rack and I would like to just put the converter box in the back hole of the toaster with some velcro tape. no problem for me to unplug the cables when I put it in the bag. I just don't know if the converter box fits in the back somehow still being able to un-/plug the cables.

The 7-pin cable is a standard cable that is no less stage-proof than any other midi cable.

Well, I've already seen that the 7-pin MIDI connector on the FCB1010 side is an SMD type of connector. That's kind of sad because I wish it had locking capability for this type of plug with locking catch. Regarding the actual cable, I think there's lots of different qualities ... and the one shipped with this pack seems to be on the cheap and pretty much unprotected side. ;)

• The midi cable is pretty bog-standard (moulded ends rather than metal), but doesn't feel flimsy and you're of course free to buy any 7-pin midi cable you choose. As for the size of the box, I can't really help you. I have a PowerRack and all I know is it sits very nicely velcroed in the space between the powered output and the power cable input (I have a rack case). If I get the chance, I'll measure it before I go off to rehearsal tonight. The power adaptor is 9V 600mA (although I doubt that 600 is necessary to run it).

Cheers,
    Sam

• Thanks a lot Sam! :thumbup:
    It will not fit the way, I had drawn. But maybe vertical like you did on the backside of your rack version.
    Will be very close, either it JUST fits in or JUST doesn't ... hmm.

Not sure, I'll take the risk. Maybe I try to get in contact with the guys at Gordius tomorrow and ask them.

• Wow, thanks for your help (and the picture). :thumbup:
    Looks great and I will likely get this kit when I return back home in November.
    Sadly the phantom power requires 500mA ... I still have an unused 9V / 400mA output on my Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 4x4. :)
    But I think that's not a serious issue, hehe. Can deal with it.

Thanks
    Martin