Output levels

• Can someone advise as to good main and monitor outputs for global live stage usage? Also - I just updated to the new firmware 2.60 - and I no longer am getting output level color signals (or did I do something in the output section that disabled this function? Thanks in advance for any help!

Gary ô¿ô

• The output is not what is different... only the green/yellow/red warning/indicator lights on the output button. Could I have turned this warning indicator off somehow? (I have no idea this is even possible)

Gary ô¿ô

• The output is not what is different... only the green/yellow/red warning/indicator lights on the output button. Could I have turned this warning indicator off somehow? (I have no idea this is even possible)

Oh so the light doesn't come on at all? Has your output LED gone, is it a toaster version you own or a rack. Remember there is an issue with LED's on a certain production of toaster KPA's. If the LED has gone they will fix it under warranty Gary

• Oh so the light doesn't come on at all? Has your output LED gone, is it a toaster version you own or a rack. Remember there is an issue with LED's on a certain production of toaster KPA's. If the LED has gone they will fix it under warranty Gary

I'll play with it later, maybe just something stupid I did, and yes, it's a toaster. Thanks for the opinions, always appreciated!

Gary ô¿ô

• Is it best to link any of the volumes btw?

well, as trivial as it can sound it depends on whether you need them.. . linked or not! If you're monitoring yourself via Monitor Out and sending Main out to FOH it would be better to not touch the latter when changing the former :)

• As stated by others here, the link setup really depends on your monitoring situation and how you use things.

If you are using a powered FRFR or amp and cab, you may want to unlink monitor from the main output. That way you can adjust your stage volume and not mess with the house levels.

So if there are times when you need to adjust two output levels together, then it makes sense to link them, if not you can keep them unlinked and independent.

Sean

• Well gentlemen thanks for those "Sagely" comments. I guess splitting the difference might work best, around -12 or -13 then for me as at -15 my stage volume wasn't hot enough. And good point about not linking the main and monitor out. Headphone - that's probably a good one to link (and not important!).

Gary ô¿ô

• Well gentlemen thanks for those "Sagely" comments. I guess splitting the difference might work best, around -12 or -13 then for me as at -15 my stage volume wasn't hot enough. And good point about not linking the main and monitor out. Headphone - that's probably a good one to link (and not important!).

You attenuated your monitor out level? This output is sent to what?

Output level is a matter of gain staging. Attenuation may be needed or not, depending on the receiving end.

• This.

@ Booyah: the tone is not changed by changing the signal level (expressed in dB), if this is what you meant :)
    But a too high signal level could overload the input of the next device, making it distort.

• You attenuated your monitor out level? This output is sent to what?

Output level is a matter of gain staging. Attenuation may be needed or not, depending on the receiving end.

I was sending monitor out to the PA for live use.... but Uh oh -- I think either the stars are misaligning or I've gone and made toast of my toaster.... Please help!

I have my KPA speaker output connected directly to my Celestion cab as always, no PA involved. It in NOT RESPONDING whatsoever to "main volume" - nothing at all. Is is only responding to Monitor Volume. Power amp boost has no effect and the 'monitor cab off' is NOT checked. I noticed this only last night at a gig, where the amp could not be heard loudly at all except through the PA.

Am I setting something up wrong here or is there a problem with my KPA. Please advise asap. Yes, I'm relatively new at this but I thought I had it going right... ?(

Gary ô¿ô

• In case that wasn't clear... I can only get sound through my speaker by turning up monitor volume, or hitting "monitor out link" - otherwise the Master Volume on the KPA is not changing a thing.

Gary ô¿ô