Kemper Versus Axe FX II - My opinion

• ...and to still offer you something usefull: maybe this could be of interest for you - you can leave the cab-sim on and still have someone to take care of your trousers. since you have the passive version: they do offer poweramps as well.

I find seriously debatable whether a 4x12 can move more air than a 130-dB-crancked up CLR :D
    As Jay Mitchell wrote, "an honest 120dB SPL is louder than even most rock players will voluntarily subject themselves to for any amount of time".
    Besides, "Anything is more beamy than a 4x12": the difference between a CLR and a 4x12" is that the former will flap your pants even when you move by the cab's side :)

Indeed, they will sound differently tho :)

• So if anyone cares, I have decided to sell the Axe FX II. Ultimately, the Kemper gets me where I want to be, and quicker, and more fun. After making some DI'd profiles of my Diezel amp, I am convinced it can be used in a "traditional" setup just as well as the Axe can; you just need the proper profiles to do it.

So yeah, I don't need both. Keeping the Kemper, selling the Axe. Going to try to buy myself a Fryette Sig X; because I really miss that amp. If I manage to get one (they're really rare here in the UK) I will make a shit ton of profiles of it too.

• So if anyone cares, I have decided to sell the Axe FX II. Ultimately, the Kemper gets me where I want to be, and quicker, and more fun. After making some DI'd profiles of my Diezel amp, I am convinced it can be used in a "traditional" setup just as well as the Axe can; you just need the proper profiles to do it.

So yeah, I don't need both. Keeping the Kemper, selling the Axe. Going to try to buy myself a Fryette Sig X; because I really miss that amp. If I manage to get one (they're really rare here in the UK) I will make a shit ton of profiles of it too.

Right on Drew. Either way you would have great tone but I agree, the simplicity of use of the Kemper makes the unit just more fun to use than an Axe FX system. Kemper has a really well designed front panel that is very intuitive. This is something that for me makes the Kemper much better than the AXE FX system.

Cheers! :thumbup:

Quite an about turn from the other thread where you said the Axe FX does it better through a cabinet than your Kemper. I'm glad, you've made the right choice, drew_fx ^^

• Quite an about turn from the other thread where you said the Axe FX does it better through a cabinet than your Kemper. I'm glad, you've made the right choice, drew_fx ^^

The whole DI'd profiles thing convinced me. Anyway, I'm currently still using valve amps for live and don't see the point in changing yet. Kemper is just for recording.

• Another AXE bites the dust ;)

if the Kemper sucks ;) it's usually not the Kemper's fault, but more the profile that is being used !!!

Cuz the Kemper gets pretty close to the original tone espescially with the new update.

Looking forward to the official release of 2.6 as some said certain things changed for them !!!!

• Tried the Kemper at band practice tonight.

Hooked it up to the FX loop return of the Diezel D-Moll, and used the direct profiles of the D-Moll I made.

In a word - it required NO tweaking at all. The profiles I made were spot on, and it sounded GOOD. In my honest opinion? It sounded better, more accurate to a valve amp, and very enjoyable to play than the Axe FX II did with the same setup. It wasn't 100% the same as the D-Moll, because I used different settings when profiling it to the ones I used tonight, but it was 99%. No-one in the band could hear a difference, although I could detect a bit of a difference being more familiar with my tone than they are.

Very impressed actually. Didn't expect it to be as good.

I wish people did more direct profiles. I want direct profiles of the Fryette Sig X, 5153, Dual Rectifier, Blackstar Series One, and loads of others!?!

• Yup. I did some DI's of my Bogner XTC and used em at rehearsal before. There's a link to a blue direct profile on my page here - http://petesprofiles.weebly.co…rect-out-profile-set.html