M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Yes, almost all of the clips were made using my red Anderson Cobra with Duncan Antiquity pickups. The Polytone and Lab Series BB (first two Lab Series clips) were made with my Gibson 335 with Duncan Antiquity pickups.

And yes, most all of the profiles were made using my 3rd Power Switchback 212. There are a couple of exceptions. The Jim Kelley FACS amp profiles use my 3rd Power Switchback 112 cabinet w/Classic Lead 80. The cabinets sound pretty similar to me, but my 212 was packed away in our band trailer that week. The very last clip of the 65 Champ was actually made using the Champ's 8" Oxford speaker in the Champ. I did want at least one profile of that amp's "small" sound.

I'll be working on trying to make them available by the end of the weekend. It's just a matter of setting up the website stuff now. thanks guys!

• I also have maybe gotten a few samples... The 62 deluxe is in constant play on my midi pedal board these days, and the supro is an absolute fantastic sounding amp, I can't wait to get my hands on both packs

• I haven't been following this stuff closely, but are the merged profiles supposed to sound better than the previous ones? Those demo ones sound pretty damn great

I think in general the merged profiles are getting better compared to when the capability first began. So far the only merged profiles I've released are the ones in the free Rig Pack. My initial ones sounded funny to me, so I worked with them a bit and re-merged the d.i. profiles and the updated ones are on the Rig Exchange and on my site.

That being said, I'm sticking to making the studio type profiles for now, and not doing merged profiles. The amp/cab separation algorithm is better than it used to be so the ability to swap cabs will be a tad better and even though the people who want true d.i. to power amp/speaker monitor rigs won't have that exact capability, I just think the finished product (i.e. merged vs. studio) sounds a little better with the studio profiles and that is the standard that I'm trying to keep. The demo clips I just did for the 2 new packs are studio profiles. :)

• Just wanted to thank Michael on the great profiles. It is great to be able to play with these amazing sounds from amps that I could never dream to afford. Below are a couple of tracks I made using profiles from pack 2 (79 Marshall for the rhythm and Dumble RF2 for the lead). I'm not the most technical guitar player but am having a lot of fun with these sounds. :thumbup:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Just wanted to thank Michael on the great profiles. It is great to be able to play with these amazing sounds from amps that I could never dream to afford. Below are a couple of tracks I made using profiles from pack 2 (79 Marshall for the rhythm and Dumble RF2 for the lead). I'm not the most technical guitar player but am having a lot of fun with these sounds. :thumbup:

Sounds great, really good job!

Wow!! Really nice job! You did good :thumbup:

Very nice! Those sound great... some of the nicer "pro-sounding" recordings I've heard on a forum. :thumbup: