Post your Kemper Rig Pictures Please

• That's better... the Thomsen's not connected, but the thing at the front is a Matrix FR212...
    The guitar's a Mastercaster. Played up until a few months ago by Matthias Jabs of the Scorpions... :thumbup: Sweet little thing to play...

BTW I know the guitar needs cleaning - this is an old photo...

Nice setup and collection of gear!! Likin the Gibby!

• Hi, there's a new love in town!!!
    Just connected my new Petrucci JP 6 BFR to my kpa. I can't discribe how the piezzo sounds, it blows me away. Just loaded a Fender rig and it works. The RCF System in combination with this guitar is a dream. More than happy with this stuff
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/MuoXDP9.jpg?1]
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/RoIqkxS.jpg?1]

Beautiful guitar well worth the trade up from your others I'm sure. Nice!!

• I love dirty guitars... ;) your Mastercaster is very nice.

I have an '83 "'52 Resissue" Telecaster coming to me on Monday to clean up and resell... thing is awesome looking with honest wear and plays like a dream... But is gross and smells like whiskey and cigarettes... you'd love it... you'd save me from having to take it apart for a proper cleaning... wanna buy it? ;)

• Slight update to the rig....got everything housed in a 8U rack- MUCH better! Fewer trips to the truck during load in/ out, and I like the convenience of having everything already wired up ready to go.

[Blocked Image: http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m167/MattC68/IMG_0309_zpshxnxzvh8.jpg]

Aye, but it's a deep rack though, ain't it...! Does it not become front-heavy with all that air at the back of the rack ? Would hate all that wasted (and unnecessary space!) They seem to only do SHALLOW racks up to 6U (unless you get something custom built but then that would double the price!)

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Yeah, but the constraint is a deep rack is needed to house the Peavey 50/50 (60?)
    Those Peavey's were robust and great sounding, but heavy P/A's as I recall.

I like @MattCline's choice to raise the Bogner height atop his rack case.
    (Right where it'll sound best) ;)

Rock on.

Happy Kemper

• Actually the Peavey 60 is fairly shallow....9" if I recall correctly. It's not too bad weight wise either- it's the mono version which is a bit lighter than the 60/60 by several pounds.

I was using a shallow 6u rack, but I hated racking the power amp separately. No one makes a shallow 8u though, so I went with what was available (I found a really good deal on it locally).

It's a touch front heavy, but I marked the case so I know where the front is so I can grab it accordingly. The nice thing about the extra space in the back is that I can keep all the cables neatly coiled and stored instead of cramming everything back there. Plus, as carsnguitars58 noted it's the perfect height/ size to put my cab on!

• Actually the Peavey 60 is fairly shallow....9" if I recall correctly. It's not too bad weight wise either- it's the mono version which is a bit lighter than the 60/60 by several pounds.

I was using a shallow 6u rack, but I hated racking the power amp separately. No one makes a shallow 8u though, so I went with what was available (I found a really good deal on it locally).

It's a touch front heavy, but I marked the case so I know where the front is so I can grab it accordingly. The nice thing about the extra space in the back is that I can keep all the cables neatly coiled and stored instead of cramming everything back there. Plus, as carsnguitars58 noted it's the perfect height/ size to put my cab on!

Likewise, was after a shallow 8U...but apparently there isn't such a thing (non-custom, reasonably-priced!) And if you got a good deal, locally, I can see why you'd have it...

Ive got the powered rack, so gonna see how things fit in my shallow 6U I have currently and then expand if needed!

Does anyone else have the problem with this forum where you type and can't see what you're writing until you hit 'return' ?! ...May just be on iPad?!?

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Some very nice setups here.! I just sent payment to a fellow for a power rack Kemper. I am gigging more nowadays and my trusty studio toaster that I have been dragging around will be getting sold in the coming weeks once the rack arrives.

I've never actually done the portable rack thing, so I've got a couple of questions for you guys using rack kpa's live:

-What's the best direction to take if I want to pack my KPA Remote in with the rack? Is it possible to fit it all with a shallow 3u? Or will it need to be a standard depth 3u?

-How much benefit does the diy'd patch panels bring? I'm guessing making the connections without it (ie directly to the rear of the Kemper) would be a real pain when it's mounted in the rack and setting up on a dark/dim stage? Am I wrong here?

- would a 4u shallow depth rack (with an added homemade front patch panel) fit the remote inside?

Thanks!

• [
    Does anyone else have the problem with this forum where you type and can't see what you're writing until you hit 'return' ?! ...May just be on iPad?!?

Yes, an annoying problem on IOS since the forum software was updated a while ago.
    Drives me mental sometimes.

• - would a 4u shallow depth rack (with an added homemade front patch panel) fit the remote inside?

That depends on the depht of the rack and if there is something mounted on the back side.
    You should think about the fixation of the remote in the rack for the transport. If the remote can move around, i highly doubt that the connectors and cables inside will stand the stress very long. Of course this depends on how you transport the rack.

Here are some pictures of my current rack:

[Blocked Image: http://c-philipps.com/new_front_small.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://c-philipps.com/new_back_small.jpg]

• That depends on the depht of the rack and if there is something mounted on the back side.
    You should think about the fixation of the remote in the rack for the transport. If the remote can move around, i highly doubt that the connectors and cables inside will stand the stress very long. Of course this depends on how you transport the rack.

Here are some pictures of my current rack:

[Blocked Image: http://c-philipps.com/new_front_small.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://c-philipps.com/new_back_small.jpg]

Looks great, if my 4U Roto molded Gator case had a back rail I would have probably went this route. But Cramming it all in shallow case won out for me. That looks very clean though.

• Looks great, if my 4U Roto molded Gator case had a back rail I would have probably went this route. But Cramming it all in shallow case won out for me. That looks very clean though.

Yeah. That's look fantastic. I think I could easily find a way to secure the remote if it could physically fit (Piece of removable foam between kpa and remote.. or velcro straps etc.) but it all depends if it will actually squeeze in there easily without hindering the cabling. I guess I'll have to just try my luck with a 4u and see. I havnt seen any photos on here of the remote being packed in kpa shallow case though, so maybe it just won't work??

Thanks for the advice so far guys.

• I havnt seen any photos on here of the remote being packed in kpa shallow case though, so maybe it just won't work??

I will try that. In my 6U normal depth i had the remote strapped on a vertical mounted rack tray in the back. That was some kind of permanent interim solution... as usual :D
    Maybe the space is enough to fit the remote inside one of the lids. I will try that today and let you know.

• Thanks Chruschdy. Knowing if the remote fits in the end cap/lid would be very helpful.

Unfortunately it won't fit.
    Maybe if the back was empty, but with the wireless and power distributor it won't fit in.

the other racks that were mentioned earlier are a bit deeper, so if is is your goal to fit the remote inside the rack you should check them out!
    I think the Gator one has 5cm more depth, that should fit perfectly.