How to upgrade software!?

• Hello i have imported rigs from USB, and the manual is easy to understand. now I want to upgrade to the 2.6.0 public beta version. but don't understand what to do. i have a gig tomorrow and don't want to do anything wrong.

can someone please tell me step by step how to upgrade from one version to the other? Iis it as simple as, external storage format? Do I need to have a backup for my rigs? I have downloaded the 2.6.0 on my usb stick.

• Hello i have imported rigs from USB, and the manual is easy to understand. now I want to upgrade to the 2.6.0 public beta version. but don't understand what to do. i have a gig tomorrow and don't want to do anything wrong.

can someone please tell me step by step how to upgrade from one version to the other? Iis it as simple as, external storage format? Do I need to have a backup for my rigs? I have downloaded the 2.6.0 on my usb stick.

1. If you have a gig tomorrow don't do the upgrade and wait till after the gig..
    2. ALWAYS do a backup before upgrading.
    3. Put the new KAOS file in the system folder on your Kemper USB Stick.
    4. you will be asked if you want to install the firmware. Now let yourself guide through the process.

• So I am having an issue with upgrading to 2.6.0. I was able to upgrade to 2.5.0, so I downloaded 2.6.0, put the KAOS file in the system folder on my USB drive, inserted it into the Kemper and get no dialog asking if I would like to update my firmware. I've restarted a couple times, downloaded it again etc. Is there a way to force the upgrade, as it seems it's not recognizing that there is a new KAOS file on the USB drive. The 2.6.0 is dated Sept 4, 2014 at 6:12am (for both times I downloaded it from the site).

Any help would be appreciated!

fowler

• i did not have the nerve to uppgrade.. I have so many jobs right now. But i see the 2.7.0 have come, and i think this is my next uppgrade.. i may tray this evening. do i just export the backup on my USB stick?
    lookingforward to se the difference in clean sounds and this crackeling noises have bin better

• It's only crackling noises on start-up. I wonder if there has been an improvement in the cases where users have been reporting crackling in clean profiles. Haven't run into those problems myself, but there are quite a few users that brought it up. Of course, we haven't heard back from them for some time, so perhaps it's all a-ok.

i will give a report after uppgrading! I play mostly clean rigs and som with breakupclean and light distortion

• I can't figure out how to upgrade the software!! I have currently the 2.4.0 I have downloaded the 2.7.0 and put the kaos.bin file into the OS Update folder. Plug it into my Kemper and nothing happens! if i push the external storage button i just have the chooses, import/export backup and format. Hvat i am doing wrong? I download from a MAC into a USB memory stick! following the instruction from the PDF in the download!

• I can't figure out how to upgrade the software!! I have currently the 2.4.0 I have downloaded the 2.7.0 and put the kaos.bin file into the OS Update folder. Plug it into my Kemper and nothing happens! if i push the external storage button i just have the chooses, import/export backup and format. Hvat i am doing wrong? I download from a MAC into a USB memory stick! following the instruction from the PDF in the download!

I'd copy any back up any thing on the stick to you MAC then I'd reformat the stick in the kemper. Once this is done I'd put the 2.7 Kaos.bin file back in the OS update folder and try again

• Yup as Raoul says, reformat the stick. When you put it back in the Kemper the "do you want to update" question should pop right up, it's obviously not reading it correctly.

as for the other questions in this thread I have gone to gigs with new updates but I always bring the backup on a stick just in case. Takes about 10 minutes or so to go back a version if need be and I've only done it when there was some new effect in the update I couldn't wait to start using.

• I formated thge USB stick in the Kemper, and then it was ok. easy! :) I went from 2.4.0 to 2.7.0
    I just took a short listen to some of my favourite rigs, and did not hear any different in my sounds realy!
    Its a big improvement in chrackelingsounds, and no popping when switching between presets any longer!
    I have not played trough a PA yet, but i guess it will behave like before! I will check out some of the new technical tings later