Trans Siberian Orchestra Rig?

• Hey all,

Ive got a gig this Chirstmas eve where Ill be playing the Trans Siberian Orchestra version of carol of the bells. Anyone have a good profile that matches/gets relatively close to that tone?

Thanks

Heres a reference if you haven't heard it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• doesn't sound like a very special sound. guess every distorted sound will do. consider that most of the parts in the song are doubled by keyboard sounds, like piano, violins, and so on, not to mention the fact that many guitar solo parts are harmonized in thirds. so don't be misleaded by what you hear. a good Marshall or Diezel can do, like all the Others. it has to be a high gain tone though

michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

Edited once, last by michaelmellner ().

• I agree, I use that rig quite a bit myself. Interesting note on TSO, whom I've seen twice. They always have great musicians of course, one was a superb picker named Joel Hoekstra, who's played with just about everyone, recently with Night Ranger (who I opened for back in the '90's), and now is replacing Doug Aldrich in Whitesnake! Thought I'd just throw that one out for fun.

Gary ô¿ô

• I agree, I use that rig quite a bit myself. Interesting note on TSO, whom I've seen twice. They always have great musicians of course, one was a superb picker named Joel Hoekstra, who's played with just about everyone, recently with Night Ranger (who I opened for back in the '90's), and now is replacing Doug Aldrich in Whitesnake! Thought I'd just throw that one out for fun.

gary: you opened for night ranger??? you're kidding me, right?

NR was one of my favourite bands back in the 80ties and would have been an unfulflled dream to open for them.

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

• No Michael, not kidding. That's cool that you opened for them too Paul. My experience was about 1995-ish... at a place called The Afterdeck in Myrtle Beach, SC. It was attached to a strip club... loved it!

Speaking of Night Ranger... at least at that time in his life, Brad G was a real cocky jerk, on quite the ego trip. We hung around all day with them setting up, sound checking, etc.. Could have done without his ego-mania. His playing was okay - nothing great. I hope he was just 'going through a phase' and is a nice and decent guy now.

Just saying...

Gary ô¿ô

Edited 2 times, last by prsgary ().

• guys!! is has always been one of mine dream bands! gosh! 'Don't tell me you love', one of my favourite songs....syster christian......it brings me back to when I dreamt about becoming a famous guitar player..........

michael

• This may help you get close...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.