Pete's Platinum Profiles - Vintage set out now

• I just bought the pack. Not the sort of sounds I gravitate to, but they're done so well I just couldn't resist.
    They are so responsive and clear. I can roll back the git vol or tone to clean them up or mellow them
    and then just open up the guitar and rock. A tiny bit of tweaking goes along way on these and my old Strat loves the Supro, Princeton and Valco.
    now that I've had a chance to play these, I,m really hoping you'll get profiles of the big tweeds and black faces and any brown Fenders you can find.
    Indeed !

Edited once, last by old crow ().

• I must just add that I played my Starla through these last night at the studio and I'm absolutely loving the Supro and Fenders with it. These are really something else when playing the PRS. Pure authentic tone. The kind of sound you only dreamed of having when starting out, and to be honest, I was doubting I'd ever get near these tones until the KPA. I'm totally made up! Tremendous stuff, thank you, Pete. I was going to buy M Britt pack two (or one), but now I'm not going to bother for a while...;-)

Cheers,
    Sam

• I just bought the pack. Not the sort of sounds I gravitate to, but they're done so well I just couldn't resist.
    They are so responsive and clear. I can roll back the git vol or tone to clean them up or mellow them
    and then just open up the guitar and rock. A tiny bit of tweaking goes along way on these and my old Strat loves the Supro, Princeton and Valco.
    now that I've had a chance to play these, I,m really hoping you'll get profiles of the big tweeds and black faces and any brown Fenders you can find.
    Indeed !

Glad you are digging them. I own a 1960 Fender Concert 4x10 that will probably end up at that studio to use his mic and preamp collection on it. He had, among other amps, four or so silverface Fender Supers. I didn't look at them too close, but some of the years are electronically the same as blackfaces - they changed the cosmetics before they changed the guts. He also had a Vox or two, a Pete Cage custom amp (purchased he said when he owned a studio in NYC) and a bunch more goodies. Hoping to get back down there in a few weeks for round two, but that's going to depend on holiday schedules and weather.

• I must just add that I played my Starla through these last night at the studio and I'm absolutely loving the Supro and Fenders with it. These are really something else when playing the PRS. Pure authentic tone. The kind of sound you only dreamed of having when starting out, and to be honest, I was doubting I'd ever get near these tones until the KPA. I'm totally made up! Tremendous stuff, thank you, Pete. I was going to buy M Britt pack two (or one), but now I'm not going to bother for a while...;-)

Cheers,
    Sam

Mike does fantastic work, to even be mentioned in the same breath (or post) as him is an honor. Super nice guy and great profiles.

I actually used a few of these at a gig last night and when I was sound checking with them I played a zep riff with one of the Supros. Had a guy talk to me about the Kemper after that, he asked where my amp was, I pointed at the flashing Kemper and he looked like he was amazed and a little sad at the same time. :D

• I actually used a few of these at a gig last night and when I was sound checking with them I played a zep riff with one of the Supros. Had a guy talk to me about the Kemper after that, he asked where my amp was, I pointed at the flashing Kemper and he looked like he was amazed and a little sad at the same time. :D

Ahhhh hahahahahahaha!!! Love it!

Cheers,
    Sam

• Hi Pete, I bought the pack and did a full test on the We, those rigs are fantastic for recording, they just stack up perfectly :)

I did some tests with the stock cabs and also some of my marshall cabs ( it turned out so great very modern and hi gain )

here is a demo clip with the Valco & Supro tests, nothing fancy , I was just layering some tracks.

http://www.riffworld.com/Members/waraba/valcomandemo

These with the Wizard are the best stuff I tried in a long while, the kind of rig that is usable on the whole gain range, from bright cleans to warm jazz stuff, dirty rhythm to hi gain overdrive.

I really love them, it's amazing to be able to play on those amp with such a personality , thanks to the kemper and this great profiling sessions.

• These profiles are very good, with some real winners in there, but many of these I found had to be tweaked and responded well to some Tills cabs action (especially the bandmaster). That said, with some tweaking all these can be real gems, and the Ampeg 05 may be worth the price alone!

Also really loved the Supro thunderbolt 01 and both Valcros are amazing. i was disappointed in the fender side of things at first, I was really looking for some usable blackface/bandmaster out of the box, but as I said with some tweaking got some really nice clean tones.

• Wow Pete, just had a chance to run through these a bit.... Absolutely wow, killer job!
    Funny, we just got in some old Vintage amps at my work (I work at a guitar store) and it was funny listening to someone trying to cop the tone that is coming right through these. Amazing work Pete (as always, you have great ears!).
    Of course now I would actually have to write something that these would work with since I am more of a gain hound.

Thanks Pete!!

Spotify, iTunes, Bandcamp, etc... Lugosi Smile

Edited 2 times, last by Lance-a-not ().

• Great clip! You can almost feel the heat from the tubes! :D