Pickups and guitar differences

• Totally disagree! If anything, I find that the differences between guitars and pickups is more pronounced than I'm used to with a regular amp. I guess if all one plays is high-gain sounds, then you probably have a point, but if one mixes and matches different profiles of different amps in a performance, one has to be quite discerning when changing guitars, too.
    At least that's my experience.

Cheers,
    Sam

Exactly my sentiments.

• My 2c to this topic: Before I bought KPA, I used to play mainly my Ibanezes (EVO pickup, BL L500XL,R) and I thought those are great guitars (Made in Japan). I also have two Japan Fenders - Richie Kotzen signature Strat & Tele. Maybe two weeks of playing different profiles on KPA, I realized those Ibanez guitars do not have any soul compared to Fenders and since then I 99% of time play Fenders. I hear also that Strat & Tele have different character. So I have to disagree wit OP. KPA is very transparent with most of the (not very high gain) profiles.

• Well I'm not taking a definitive position because my experience is far limited compared to many of you. However it seems mostly the consensus is enhancement of distinguishing characteristics , which is indicative of me not experimenting enough with the profiler, plain and simple

• My 2c to this topic: Before I bought KPA, I used to play mainly my Ibanezes (EVO pickup, BL L500XL,R) and I thought those are great guitars (Made in Japan). I also have two Japan Fenders - Richie Kotzen signature Strat & Tele. Maybe two weeks of playing different profiles on KPA, I realized those Ibanez guitars do not have any soul compared to Fenders and since then I 99% of time play Fenders. I hear also that Strat & Tele have different character. So I have to disagree wit OP. KPA is very transparent with most of the (not very high gain) profiles.

Yes, the profiler can be very educational as well. ;)

• Yeah, man. I've found that my JS1000 isn't worth a dime, unless I'm playing high(ish) gain stuff. My Tele, on the other hand, is great with most profiles (it can even do high gain, if not quite as well as the Ibanez - gotta love that noise gate!).

Cheers,
    Sam

• Yes, my RK Tele does have Dimarzio Chopper T humbucker, which also does high gain very well.
    Seriously thinking about selling those IBZs. They are only collecting dust. :whistling:

• Yeah I'm feeling you. I've had mine for 3 years and it's hardly been played more than a few hours. Seriously thinking about trading it in.
    I'm actually considering getting a second profiler. I have a Power Rack and it's great for gigging and having out in the studio, but a regular toaster would be sweet for having at home to jam with. It's a bit of a hassle transporting the Rack to the studio and back all the time, even if it's lighter than any other amp I've ever owned, flight case or no flight case.

Cheers,
    Sam

• note to self: I still need to get a tele :)

Heck, please remember me the same thing :love:

Now I've got a HB strato, a super strato (G&L), a PRS-like 2HBs, a 335-like with P90ish (the one in my avatar) and the tele is definitely what I'd want next... after an acoustic I need for the stage.

I'd like to find a tele with a big fat (but phylologic) sound and a thin neck :thumbup:

Yeah, man. I've found that my JS1000 isn't worth a dime, unless I'm playing high(ish) gain stuff. My Tele, on the other hand, is great with most profiles (it can even do high gain, if not quite as well as the Ibanez - gotta love that noise gate!).

Cheers,
    Sam

Funnily enough, I want to sell my Ibanez too. I wonder what this means, if anything ^^

• it's true they all sound good, but there's always that one and only one rig profile that sounds like a dream and nothing else matches it. sounding the same ? no way, at least not to me, you try different pickups , EMG, Dimarzio, SD, and they all have different response, for me a certain Ibanez only sounds the absolute best with a certain diezel herbert profile, a certain jackson only sounds the absolute best with a certain Engl profile, only a certain guitar does absolutely flawless and clean sound of the fender twin reverb.

• while this is true for some other modelers - the KPA reacts like a real amp here.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• The more I think about it, the more I'm coming to realise that it isn't my Ibanezs fault, it's mine. After owning a Marshall 6100 LM anniversary head and 4x12 since the mid 90s, I got bored of that sound and sold it. I played through a really old (60s?) silver face Super Reverb with a surf band I play with and fell in love with that sparkle. Since I got my Kemper, I've been chasing that sound (with some success, thank you And44;-) so most of the profiles on my KPA are Fender-a-likes. The JS1000 is made for Marshalls, I reckon, and I just don't have any profiles to do it justice.

Sorry for dragging the thread off topic again!

Cheers,
    Sam

• The more I think about it, the more I'm coming to realise that it isn't my Ibanezs fault, it's mine. After owning a Marshall 6100 LM anniversary head and 4x12 since the mid 90s, I got bored of that sound and sold it. I played through a really old (60s?) silver face Super Reverb with a surf band I play with and fell in love with that sparkle. Since I got my Kemper, I've been chasing that sound (with some success, thank you And44;-) so most of the profiles on my KPA are Fender-a-likes. The JS1000 is made for Marshalls, I reckon, and I just don't have any profiles to do it justice.

Sorry for dragging the thread off topic again!

Cheers,
    Sam

I think with the JS1000 its more a case of the pickups in that model. They are geared to a higher gain tone. I have two Ibanez axes...one being a JemFP2 with Dimarzio Gravity Storm pickups and the other is a newer JS2410 which has a Dimarzio PAF Joe in the bridge and a Dimarzio Satch Track in the neck. Both guitars are outstanding as far as tone and build quality. I also have a Gibson Les Paul Axcess and a couple of high end Ernie Ball Music Man guitars to compare. That being said, I would never get rid of either of my Ibby's! Believe it or not I had 3 J-Customs that I sold over the last few years because they just weren't as nice to play as my Jem and JS are.

For the JS.....take a look on Rig exchange for Tony Mackenzies JVM410HJS profile which is Satch's Signature Marshall amp. I owned that amp a couple of years back and his profile is spot on!