Rythm/Solo level

• Hi,
    I have this amazing device from one week, and no idea to how the Kemper do not have an rythm/solo level parameter. The unique possibility is to vaste one slot putting some boost, equalizer o something like that to increase level for solos, but would be more usefull to have a parameter on output with Rythm/solo levels so we can assign a button on any pedalboard to switch levels for a solo. This feature would make the Kemper more powerfull and vill be really easy to implement on firmware.

greetings

• Volume pedal would not be very accurate, and it is slower than a button.
    There is another problem to use volume pedal: imagine that you are on a song that you use the volume pedal at 50% becouse you have seen that you was very loud and down volume a little bit with volume pedal before songs end and then go to adjust general volume on Kemper. Then the comes the solo, and you have to up a little bit the volume pedal finding the optimal volume at same time you start play quick in the guitar neck... not so easy, much better simply push a button on pedalboard.
    There are many modes of "emulating" a rythm/solo button (using one slot with a booster/EQ, using volume pedal, using volume on the guitar...) but the best of all for sure would be to implement a rythm/solo parameter on master volume, and would be so simple to write the code for include in a future firmware update.

Sorry for my bad english :D

Greetings

• Use the volume pedal range (Rig button, IIRC). Toe down is your solo volume, adjust the range so that toe all of the way up is your rhythm volume. Just as fast (actually, IMO, faster) than a button. Problem solved.

• I understand, but that would convert your volume pedal in a solo switcher, and then you can't adjust anymore your level bellow rythm (toe down) volume. In that case, if you ear that you are too loud in a song, you have to stop to play, go to kemper and adjust output level (becouse you have lost the possibility to adjust with volume pedal). The function of volume pedal is to adjust the volume :)

• I used to use a post amp slot (X, generally) to add a few db and some mids for a solo boost. Started using a volume pedal set to a minimum (rhythm) level, and then toe down for solos.

Even if I depress it toe down as fast as I can, it's not as sharp/shocking a jump in volume as a button, it's more like a fader was pushed up in the mix. This is good.

I do like the mute/tuning info you get when you have the volume at 0%, so I did change a button from my controller to activate the tuner/mute, especially handy when I'm swapping guitars.

Just how I do it, it's nice the Kemper is flexible enough to allow us all ways of configuring it for our needs.

• I understand, but that would convert your volume pedal in a solo switcher, and then you can't adjust anymore your level bellow rythm (toe down) volume. In that case, if you ear that you are too loud in a song, you have to stop to play, go to kemper and adjust output level (becouse you have lost the possibility to adjust with volume pedal). The function of volume pedal is to adjust the volume :)

There's a volume knob on your guitar, too.

• yeah, my guitar Also have a volume button. Lol. But on hi-gain it dont affect volume, only gain ;)
    not so many rigs available, only five in each bank on my Behringer FCB1010 pedalboard. :)
    in the beggining i say that there are many "solutions" to emulate a rythm/solo button, but the best one for sure would be to have a real button on your pedalboard assigned to a future rythm/solo level parameter on output :)

• Sometime I have to fight with my drummer and bass player when doing a guitar solo and after the solo its very hard to find the right level again.Im using two volume. Im using the gain for exp1 and master volume for exp2 ;) the master volume is always tricky. But hate the idea to switch presets for volume change.

Edited 4 times, last by strengdal ().

• obviously you always can sacrify one slot on every gig for put here a booster for solos, or the volume pedal on pedalboard to make a rythm/solo emulator, or use the volume on your guitar for lower the gain on rythm parts, or sacrify half or your presets or every performance to make louder version of every gig to use in solos, or whatever else, but, the better and simpler option to my eyes would be to put a footswitchable A/B master volume option on output. :)

• i am used to play with tubeamps with solobooster! its very nice. But i have made two parallel rigs one for rythm and one for solo. When you have two separate rigs/preset you can have different gain settings from rythm/solo too who can be nice

• If you want to activate a boost or pull up something like a tube screamer for solos while in performance mode, you could programme one of the buttons on your FC1010 to send a CC# to activate the desired stomp on your existing performances. Will still use up an existing slot, but there's no way around that at present unless you use a volume pedal and I find that might not be best in terms of the flow of your performance.