Stereo widener

• Hi.
    I have problem with stereo widener when I am using by headphones.
    It sound diferently with headphones against in studio monitors.
    In headphones is rightside stronger than left.
    There is no widener efect.
    Sorry my english.

• to get a widening, roomy effect when using headphones - use the 'Headphone Space' (output menu, page 5)

the Stereo Widener effect obviously does the same thing, regardless if used with monitors or headphones
    (it's shifting certain frequencies to the left and others to the right).
    if one side sounds louder, it's because you have a lot of energy in that frequency area (use the tune parameter to adjust for that),
    or your headphones could emphasize certain frequencies and attenuate others.

I recommend setting the Space parameter to where it sounds comfortable to you, maybe you won't even need the Stereo Widener any more.

hth
    Don

• Me too
    Issue with headphone. The stereo widener (bad, to loud in the right) isn't the same than headphone space (very good). Even if we change parameters.

The same bad effect with delay (long) with left 4/16 and right 8/16. We listen the delay 1 time left and after all in the right. If left is set to 8/16 and right 4/16, it work! (headphone, i ll check with xlr)

(and sometimes a lot of hum maybe 10sec then nothing then a lot of hum then no more hum.... I ll check the output with xlr )

Mirek, have you the same issues? It s à new rack?

Sorry for my english

• to Warlus 1: I have ,,Unpowered Toaster"
    With delay I do not know. I must check it !

I tried widener with 2.6 even 2.4. firmware and problem is identical. But, I must admit ,I dont remember ,when and whether widener sounded right with older firmware.

But if its bug Kemper Co. they must know it.

Yes space effect its good.

• you can compensate with the new Panorama parameter in the RIG menu.

about the Delay: this is exactly the behaviour as described in the manual ;)

"Tap Left & Tap Right

(Only in Tap Delay). These two parameters set the delay time of the left and right delay taps in musical values, creating a nice little delay pattern. Setting both taps to the same value will produce a mono delay, while different values will create a ping-pong delay. Only the left delay will feed its signal back to both taps, so it’s a good idea to set the left to a bigger value than the right; this will result in a true ping-pong effect. Swapping the values will result in a different pattern."