reliability of the KPA for live use (reg. powersupply/fuse)

• Any kind of electronics handle with care they don't like being moved around period. Have had my Kemper ever since they started making them or there about and never heard of someone encountering your particular problem.

• Even if my issue happened to me only, it's good practice to apply grovers. If it happened to me it can happen to anybody, but using grovers the screws doesn't weak.
    My unit didn't travel around much more than home/rehearsal a few dozen times, and dead at the rehearsal while inserting the plug.

Sorry for poor English.

• two years and counting of gigs: never had something wrong with my kemper. true I use it taking power from a furman ar230 which delivers to the kpa a stable and constant 230 v.

and another thing is true, at least to me: the kpa can fail as other devices. I f I buy a bogner head I won't rest assure it will fail less than the kpa would.

one last thing: it is always wise to have a spare/back up system in case of extreme emergency. I bring with me a carl martin plexitone, a TC electronics flashback and an old morley bad horsie 2 wah so that in case the kpa is dead, I can play anyways.

michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Practically none, since it would be meant for avoiding sudden switch-offs and not to continue playing along with the drummer and the singer(s) when power is off XD

Jokes apart, computer-aimed UPS are usually of very low quality, but any would do the job.
    Anyway, try and discharge it regularly say on a monthly basis, this will give batteries a longer life.

Hint: buy one that doesn't beep to alert you when it in use, it can drive a man crazy... at least check the possibility to disable the acoustic alarm.
    As an alternative, you might want to just kill its internal loudspeaker X)

• i learned my lesson......because of a broken pc, something happened and too much electricity went into my kemperThe kemper was dead.I went back and foth with the dealers and in the end fixed the power supply by my self.I changed everything inside, capacitors,transistors......For now it works but i am paranoid during gigs, so i have power conditioner and backup boss gt :)

• 3 plus years of hard gigs and not a bit of trouble except for the cheap jacks wearing out,,really could use better jacks/ hardware, but no internal probs,,

I use a patchbay for that, even for Ethernet. It's very convenient and much easier than bending over. Since I use the "AUX-In" very much I made a stereo line in at my patchpanel putting its signal into the KPA (Y-routing). The only thing I was not able to patch was the USB-B at the back of my rack to connect it with my computer.

Use standardised connectors.

• Don't forget that surge protectors only have a finite lifespan. Anything 10 years or more is most likely ineffective and 3 years is the normal guarantee.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7