Kemper, Logicpro X and Focusrite 6i6

• Planning to upgrade my humble home studio ,with the new LogicproX .
    Like what they say about Focusrite 6i6 sound etc, but there is some problems in compatibility with Mac and Maveric ...

What could be the best alternative to Focusrite 6i6 to perfectly match Maveric ?

Anyone have the same setup ? Thoughts ?
    Thanks very much ! :D

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• I wouldn't worry too much on that...they will have compatiability for it shortly. Focusrite is fairly quick on that stuff.

I use an Univeral Audio Apollo Twin Duo. Considerably more expensive but in the end I am very, very happy with this interface and how quick they are to update it as well as the sound quality from it.

Unless you have a very desperate need to upgrade to the newest operating system or if you had to buy a new machine where it came pre-installed, I would suggest not to update until at least a few months after.

• You are talking about Mavericks - not Yosemite, right?

Mavericks has been out for 2 years.
    Focusrite Interfaces are supposed to have no compatibility issues with 10.9 anymore.
    I switched to the RME fireface UCX though (form factor, sound, routing options with the included mixing/routing software). Love it!

H

90% of the game is half-mental.

• Yes. Same machine. My problem was with spdif in Mavericks. Depending on my setting within the mix control I would get clicks either playing or recording and would constantly have to switch. I prefer the sound of the analogue connection luckily but it was a pain if I wanted to use spdif. Luckily spdif has no such issues in Yosemite

• hmm - interesting.
    I ran into some clicks and a strange error message about a clock mismatch that I could not identify a few weeks ago, but after a reboot and reloading my presets everything went back to normal.
    There is one audio compatibility issue that Apple was not able to fix and that will appear randomly, but only on machines with fusion drives.
    I am on SSD.

Alexander: Out of curiosity - did you experience any other compatibility issues after updating?

90% of the game is half-mental.

• http://global.focusrite.com/an…ned-on-os-x-109-mavericks

it seems they are busy sorting out this issue , but trough computer settings , not via sound card it self ....so, problem is not sorted out yet.

Your answers are highly appreciated ,thanks ..

Edited once, last by Rescator ().

• thanks to your advices ,I am moving to Yosemite ,what ever it does mean 8)
    a good friend of mine is working on my new computer in Europe, and it will be sent to me in a month time !!!
    Kemper will rock now in the my new home "studio" and in my Garage Band (literally Garage since we use my garage for our jam sessions ) !!!
    4 OF US ARE OLD 200 YEARS !!! Please note that my Son is only 21 years old (he is playing guitar from time to time with us ) , so you can image what ages are the rest of us, 3 Rock dinosaurs ....... 8o No surrender and take no prisoners ! Long Live Rock'n Roll !!
    Cheers,
    Zoran

Edited once, last by Rescator ().

• JerEvil,

What DAW's have you used? What do you like about Logic X? I have the same setup, just was using Reaper.

I might one day add an iMac to my Macbook and go Logic X. But cross platform currently, hence Reaper. Have you tried that DAW?

BTW, SPDIF is the bee's knees! As is that Focusrite, except TotalMix is TotalConfusion for me. I'm always pulling the settings FROM the hardware when I screw something up! Still a newbie with it's learning curve.

• Ah, got confused. I sold my Pink RME and got Focusrite.

I am not a fan of this software filter between me and my other gear. I see the POWER in it.
    But it's another level of complexity I'd just as soon do without.

When I want a different routing, I'll either choose it in the DAW or use a different port with actual plugs.

• Started with ProTools LE, then Garragee Band, Logic Express 9 and now Logic Pro X

• Hey, I have the same stuff as you set up :thumbup: . However, I haven't done much recording using the KPA yet, as I spend a lot of time writing songs. Now, I am up to it, and hope to find some quick shortcuts in here... So - I wonder, do you have any recommendations on how I should connect the KPA to the UAD for the best results? I.e.; are you using specific outs and ins, cables and settings? And are you using UAD plugins? And - do you have any tips for settings or tips in Logic that might come in handy?

Best regards,
    Bjorn

quote='PBGas','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/17519-Kemper-Logicpro-X-and-Focusrite-6i6/?postID=184623#post184623']I wouldn't worry too much on that...they will have compatiability for it shortly. Focusrite is fairly quick on that stuff.

I use an Univeral Audio Apollo Twin Duo. Considerably more expensive but in the end I am very, very happy with this interface…[/quote]

Bjorn :)