Getting Rig Exchange to an offline Computer

• Hi,

I am looking for a way to get all the Rigs from the Rig Exchange to my other Computer which has no option to go online. I was able to put some of the Rig Packs that are here for download onto it but I haven't found a way to export all the Rigs from the Rig Exchange to a file so I can import it on my other Computer.
    Does anybody know a way to get the Rigs on that Computer?

Heavy Greetz

• Use Rig Manager on an online computer, download all rigs from the exchange, drag and drop to a USB, copy them over to the offline computer. Job done!

Cheers,
    Sam

Thanks for the Answer. Is it really that Easy? Just dragging the Stuff from the RigManager Window onto a USB Drive?

That would be cool.

Edit: Just came back and it was that easy. Now I got all Rigs from the Exchange on my othere Computer. The first Time it seemed to crash as I wanted to Import all 5000 Rigs at once but a few hundred at a Time worked.

Thanks a lot.

Heavy Greetz

Edited once, last by EachHit ().

• Actually, if you d&d the files to your local library, you can then just copy the RM's dB onto the second computer and you'll have all of them, including the folders you created to classify your collection and any tag you create\edited.

• Actually, if you d&d the files to your local library, you can then just copy the RM's dB onto the second computer and you'll have all of them, including the folders you created to classify your collection and any tag you create\edited.

That's good to know. Would make it much easier to get both computers synced when I would tag some Rigs

Haven't tagged anything by now but if I start recording more and more it could be handy.

Heavy Greetz

we strongly advise against that. i'm sure that some of you are fluent with database stuff. but the majority of us is not and there are loads of things which can go wrong. dragging all rigs from rig manager to some other place is save and will work. and as for the structure, there is tagging. use tagging and you will benefit from your work in Profiler as well.
    best, gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Thanks G String :)
    To clarify, I was just thinking of just copying the installation folder structure to another computer after having installed RM there as well. Would this be at risk nevertheless? Wouldn't it be like making a security copy and having to reinstall because of some system crash?

• Thanks G String :)
    To clarify, I was just thinking of just copying the installation folder structure to another computer after having installed RM there as well. Would this be at risk nevertheless? Wouldn't it be like making a security copy and having to reinstall because of some system crash?

Backups are usually restored to the same path on the same machine.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• a "security copy that you reinstall because of a system crash" is a backup that you intend to restore. That was your reference, not mine ;)

These kinds of easy workarounds have a tendency to fail, when it matters - esp. on windows with its extended use of the registry.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• No need to play with words, let's try and agree on the concept :)
    If I copy the Kemper folder, I can paste it over any other Windows based computer, there's no registry entry involved as long as you've previously installed RM on the new machine: just replace the default folder with your "backup".
    It's doable (and it has been done IIRC old threads) between different platforms (Mac\Win) as well.