If I were to build them... (FCB1010 Powered/controlled over cat5)

• who would be interested in a mod for the FCB1010 that replaces the midi jacks with a single cat 5 connector? I'm pretty sure I can power the FCB1010 from there as well.

The Kemper side would be a small box that would be a cat5 to the new FCB mod and 2 midi plugs to connect to the kemper. It would probably be powered from a 9v wall wart or could potentially be wired into the kemper if you don't care about your warranty.

the kemper side could either be a small box, or maybe a 1u unit.

If you did want this, how much do you think you would be willing to pay for it?

• The Kemper side would be a small box that would be a cat5 to the new FCB mod and 2 midi plugs to connect to the kemper. It would probably be powered from a 9v wall wart or could potentially be wired into the kemper if you don't care about your warranty.

For a non-powered KPA-head I would prefer a small box that fits within the cavity on the back and align to fasten with a couple of the existing screws.

Isn't the network-port on the KPA supposed to be able to power the upcoming controller? Wouldn't it be better to try to create an adapter that operates within the limits of the PoE-specification to provide power to the FCB?

Edited once, last by heldal ().

• It would be better - if I knew anything about the ethernet port on the back and had a knowledge of the protocol, if there is one yet.

I wasn't thinking of implementing the network protocol in an adapter for the FCB. That would be a massive development job. My suggestion is just to use the PoE from the network-port for power so that you don't need an extra wall-wart. The current drawn by the FCB is so small that you should be able to convert the PoE voltage to whatever the FCB needs within the limits of current delivered according to the PoE-specification. PoE is used to power thing such as motorized surveillance-cameras so driving the FCB should be a walk in the park in comparison.

• Do we know for a fact that Kemper eth port does indeed conform to PoE specs?

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• I been considering doing this but I would definitely just buy one if it we're clean and reasonable and made it simpler than the diy. The other one cable solution is way to expensive fur US with shipping and I like the cat 5. Also I would build the box so that a IEC power cable or even a y cable can just be used instead of some sort of Wall wart. ( standard female power cord on adapter box. ) also thought it would be nice if adapter box could be secured in back of lunchbox with existing screws.. Definitely all doable.

• Are you still thinking of building this ? I have been thinking about it for a while but would love to get mine done. With the advancement of the kemper remote it has caused me to do some checking and digging. I have found that pins 4 and 5 are registering at approx 4.8v each. Im not sure exactly at this point how that conforms PoE or how to get them to 9.6v. I read somewhere that you need 6 to 10 volts yo power the fcb as the internal voltage is regulated down to 5 volts. it would be nice to come out of the ethernet port to the mounted project box to supply the power. Anyone with more advanced electronics or PoE knowledge that can comment ?

• Hi guys, I'm currently planning the same thing. Instead I want to phantom power my Roland GFC-50. A Kemper supporter from Facebook told me, that the Ethernet Power isnt in conformity with the PoE specs after IEEE-Standard 802.3af-2003 oder 2009.
    But since the FCB und my Roland controller dont use as much current as the Kemper Remote (probably?) this shouldnt be a problem.