Well I am just about giving up (solved)

• Thank You Guys
    When I get home from work I will try this and fingers crossed will work

Night Light. Could you possibly explain the steps in Mix Control in case I have a FocusRite

I wanna get the Komplete 6 but the sales guy said its for DJs and not guitar

• I'm in logic X. But I guess the principle is the same. My Mixcontrol is also probably different, my sound card is the saffire pro 24.

Your signal must go through the saffire sound card on its way to the Kemper. So in Logic, I will set the output of my DI track to say Output 5.

That sends the DI track to what is (on my system, at least) called "DAW 5" in mix control.

Next step is to get that signal to the Kemper.

Mix control has the possibility to set up several mixes and route these around. So we want to create a mix that has only the DI track coming from the Daw. So I go to the tab named "mix 3" (which is the first available tab).
    In that tab, I click one of the channel names above the faders, and select DAW -> Daw 5. I make sure that this fader is at 0 (unity gain - not all the way at the bottom). The panning should be centered as well. ALL OTHER INPUT CHANNELS I mute and pull the faders down to minus infinity. The output channel to the far right of the "mix 3" tab I also set at unity.

I then open the routing panel of the mix control (push the button to the left side of mix control. right under the faders). Here I can see what is routed to the different outputs etc. I locate the SPDIF Output 1 and 2. I set these to "Mix 3".

So: In logic, the output of the DI track is set to "DAW 5", which in the mix control is up in "mix 3". Mix 3 is routed to the spdif outputs of the interface.

There are three manuals you need to reference to do stuff like this. The Kemper, the interface and the daw. It is far easier to read and understand the manuals if you just take the time to get it a sentence at a time. It also saves time.

Hope this helps.

• Just wanna thank you guys for the help. Even before I get home and attempt this.

On a side note. Is the Steinberg UR28M a good interface? I wanna try and stick with Steinberg as I've used them for some time and enjoyed my UR22 just didn't have Spdif

• Not an answer to your questions, but just wanted to toss in my experience with the Kemper. Re-amping was definitely something that interested me about the KPA originally. So I bought it and a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 for the firewire and SPDIF connections. Studio One 2 is the DAW I use. When I got the gear, I just wanted to test it out quickly. Skipped the SPDIF connections because I didn't want to take the time to figure out the master/slave/rate stuff, and just went KPA master out/XLR/Saffire Pro/Studio One, created a track, hit record, started playing, and proceeded to crap my pants due how awesome the KPA was, and that I would finally be able to get professional results at home without even setting up a mic! Later I figured out the SPDIF stuff, messed around with re-amping a bit. But honestly the KPA sounds so good I don't even find the need to re-amp if I just take a bit to find the proper tone for the track before hand. With re-amping I find myself spending too much time concentrating on the endless possibilities of the KPA instead of just laying down the track.

Anyway, my point is, the KPA is as deep and complicated as you want it to be. Don't be frustrated by it. If you just want to hook it up and record, pretty damn easy. If you want to devote a huge chunk of your life to digging the deep well that is the KPA, oh yeah, it's all there. Over two years in as a Kemper owner, and I still think the KPA is the absolute coolest piece of gear I ever have or possibly ever will own.

Merry Christmas everybody!

• Is the Steinberg UR28M a good interface?

You already had one of the best audio interfaces in the medium price range. If you continue switching interfaces like you did the last couple of days, you won't find anybody who can help you reach your goal because once there is a detailed explanation for setup 1 you already went to setup 3. Give yourself a rest, man! Slow down! There's no interface on this wonderful planet that will do the exact routing for you automaticly. You have to learn and understand the technology first.

We simply can't troubleshoot your problems if you constantly change your gear. Make a decision on which gear you will use, get it, connect it ... and then be patient and follow the advice you get from people here. For example if you still had the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 it would have been a matter of a few minutes to fix the problems you had there. But you decided to switch to fast without even exactly knowing why. ;)

Again, slow down, relax, read, follow simple instructions, don't panic.
    You had a very bad start, I followed your problems all the way since you shared the first one. I even tried to help with short and easy to understand answers. But you're running way to fast to give you help.

Cheers
    Martin

• I initially wanted the Komplete6 cause I don't really need so many inputs. The guy sold me the FocusRite rack for $100 cheaper and said the K6 was for DJs and a waste of time

I also read some bad reviews of clicking noises and problems with it

• Epiphany, i think you're getting some of the somewhat rude responses to your posts, because you're posting out of frustration. Instead of titling your thread "help reamp via spdif", its "just about to give up". If you project a defeatist, angry, frustrated attitude, no one is going to want to help you.

I assure you reamping in the kpa is about as easy as it gets. Daw and interface software is not within the kempers control, but it shouldnt be too difficult.

I have reamped with reaper and cubase over spdif and was up and running with in a few minutes with a cheap m audio interface.

I assume you are recording DI's ok, its just reamping thats the trouble? Are you switching the kpa input from guitar front to spdif?

• I formally apologize to all of you if I caused any Grief

How about we wipe the slate clean. I will finalize on an interface. Either Scarlett or Komplete 6. I will use NightLights instructions

If that fails I will start a thread or continue this with a finalized setup and we can move on from there

I read the Manual at work today during my lunch and breaks as well

• Okay guys so here is exactly what I did and how it isn't going right

I followed Night Lights Setup. Created a Stereo Bus (Spdif Left, Spdif Right)
    Created 2 Audio Tracks in Mono. 1 Input Spdif Left, the other Input Spdif Right (To monitor)
    When I turn on Monitoring for the Right Channel, it goes nuts and makes loud feedback screeches

When I track the left channel tracks Clean & Effected
    The right channel tracks a amp channel that sounds like it's underwater

Git Stack as my Spdif Output

• if turning on monitoring when tracking is causing feedback, then you have a feedback loop. what is the input of the KPA set to? I'd have to guess that your s/pdif input is being sent out the s/pdif output via your interface settings, and the kemper's input is set to s/pdif instead of the front input.