TAF-Wreck'N'Roll CustomShop OUT NOW!

• Hey Andy, thanks for confirming that. I spent most of the day playing with the pack today.

Got a great tone out of one of the crunch pofiles, covers a near exact tone for the first solo in BP's Depatrure.

Its been a bit harder to dail in the second solo tones, been tweaking the 'amp' settings for what really is the first time ever, I'm just getting over the legendary AC20 profile from mpachio with your profiles, the mbritt suff was great but I dint really use them.

cheerio
    sid

• Great stuff Sid. - I can get very close to his tone.. sadly though.. I don't come close to his playing!.. - so happy its working out for you..
    Are you in a cover band doing BP's stuff then? (if so, brave man).. would love to hear what you did at the end if you could share the track : )

Thanks for the comments, and keep smiling!..

• Hey Andy, where do I sign up, I'm just working the track out, short play along, clams included, on a grosh electrajet vt, strings are a bit dull.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for the profiles, would love it if you could record some details on the amp settings, even if it's the readme file, and cover all those settings like in the official Dr.Z demo vids, at all those sounds, a man can only dream :rolleyes::)

Cheers!

Edited once, last by mody ().

• Good stuff :)

The Dr.Z is actually a straightforward amp, with the Tone control pretty much making the magic happen. - I profiled it with Blue/Gold speakers for best effect in a 2x12 format with a zilla cab.

[Blocked Image: http://www.theampfactory.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/drz2.jpg]

I find that the Dr.Z is best played with the volume knob of the guitar. - play around with that, you can get some great detail from it. - use a reverb but duck it, so it works with your pick attack.

This amp was signed by Brad himself. as its the one he used for the london O2 show, he picked this amp over 3 identical Zee's but preferd this.. and if its good enough for him....then... : )

Enjoy! :)

• That's a cool story! Man I love Z amps, I still have my ghia, it's not going anywhere, old z-talk member here. The Z's are very sensitive in different directions, the simplicity is very deceiving.

Thanks I'll def play with the ducking and the reverb, your's is the first profile i tweaked, I actually have no idea how he gets all those crazy sounds. Since I'm just learning the track my attacks severe on that clip, some cats may have injured themselves on those last bends

• I haven't been able to catch the tone in this Brad's Wreck demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxqXyWbwUHk

I know 'fingers' & 'guitar' contribution (I have a Klein Nocaster bridge pickup, 8.3k, in my tele), but couldn't quite get the attacks authority nor the overall EQ quite there.

Anyone else able to get there or have some specific profile suggestions?

Exited to get try with the DI's if some other cab profile would do the trick. :thumbup:

• I think the amp needs to be profiled at some specific settings, Z amps aren't your usual clean, crunch, full type amps, they're complex and do different things at different settings. The controls are very sensitive and reactive to each other, the wreck is the one amp I'd buy the next chance I get, I suppose this one's going to need some research and special care profiling to get closer to BP's tonnage. Checking the Z-talk Wreck section could reveal what settings we're after.

Andy's profiles are very good but we could get more specific. I hope Andy' will be open to a few settings if we can come up with them.

Cheers.

• Digging around z-talk here's what I found:

Cut: 9ish
    Bass: 1ish
    Treble: 11ish
    Volume: 11ish
    Read more: http://ztalk.proboards.com/thr…ck-settings#ixzz3ZoI7wb00

Also he's known to use the "speed" setting instead of "comfort", I think it's a sag thing, more vol and headroom on the speed setting.

Reading the settings above I did feel the full tones on Andy's pack were a bit boomy, I had to turn the Clarity up to 5.6 and Definition around 2.5ish to get any use out of them.

Andy, if you're reading these posts I hope you don't mind us OCDing over this, worth a shot I hope when you get your mitts on the amp again I hope :)

Thanks,
    Sid

• Hey guys.
    One thing that is really important to know is. - what they have set on the amps does not mean anything in the real recording world. - why?

Well, they may have that amp set to that tone, volume, cut or whatever, but it then depends on so many factors after that.

Guitar, Play style, Finger response, Dynamics, volume, aggression, Strings, and of course the most important.. MIC and Positions/ Room / Equipment used to record, treat and get the final result.

Unfortunately its not as easy as, they used that setting, therefore I can profile it that way and be done, you will always need to consider the above before all of that..

Personally, I don't ever tone chase anymore.. because its a never ending story, and normally one with a bad ending...now instead, I use a tone Im comfortable with, and learn to play the style of those people instead. and more often you get closer this way than actually trying to chase something to begin with. - in other words... Study the Player, not the tone!.

Here is something that will knock your socks off.. - Great tone is nothing to do with the amp. its to do with a good setup guitar, Into a good amp, but Most of all, its the player that creates it...

My aim here is not to put you off trying to get what you need, Im trying to be clear that I don't profile in trying to get the same sound as someone else, as I personally believe that its far too personal to translate to anyone else.

I can only get a base setting that sounds great here.. what you do after that.. well is up to you : )

• Andy this is so true. In my early teens i was a big tone chaser, buying the amps, guitars picks etc that my favourite guitarist played. Did i get close sometimes but i was always swapping amps, guitars etc. Now i play with the tone i create from the profile i choose along with the guitar i choose and my playing style. I sound like me no one else. ;) I gave up tone chasing long ago and i'm glad i did as it can sometimes just drag you down lol. a friend of mine who was in my first band is still a tone chaser and he has always been one. Every time i see him he has a different guitar and amp its crazy. Hes never happy. But me on the other hand i've never been happier JCM800 all the way :) (except i'm leaning towards them Victory amps lol)