Add the modelled Maxon 820 pedal to Kemper Stomps

• +1

There could be some eq presets linked to the stomps that give an good approximation of the 820 tone...this reminds me, I must try my original OD808 infront of my Kemper with my new crushing Black Winter pu's...:)

• I understand the profiler's green scream was modelled after a Maxon and according to CK is indistinguishable form the modelled unit.

I believe it. I have a locally made 808 clone and I can get it and the KPA's tube screamer to sound and respond EXACTLY the same.

• Yeah, a nice 820 would be perfect. Currently i prefer to use my od09 instead of the kemper screamer, which is very usable without a doubt, but the real od does the job better for my taste. Really, so far this is the only thing that i'm not "in love" with in my kpa.

• I love my Kemper, but don't like the distortion effects. I've been able to use them by using another stomp block to EQ it to taste (It would be nice if each Distortion FX could have an EQ page). This in no way compares to the analog pedals. There's something about the digital fizziness that I just can't get passed it.

I am currently using the FX loop to plug in my Wampler Dual Fussion distortion pedal and assigning it to a stomp block for my Distortion. This brings me to one of my Kemper feature request. It would be fantastic if at least two of the jacks on the Remote controller could be used as FX loops to add additional analog pedals. If not possible on the remote, then somehow on the kemper's back panel.

Any thoughts???

• I love my Kemper, but don't like the distortion effects. I've been able to use them by using another stomp block to EQ it to taste (It would be nice if each Distortion FX could have an EQ page). This in no way compares to the analog pedals. There's something about the digital fizziness that I just can't get passed it.

I have most of the analog counterparts of the modelled distortion effects and the two compare very well. I've actually listened to the modelled and analog pedals without an amp or cab behind them - to the pure output, if you will - again, very good results.

analog distortion circuits produce plenty of high, unpleasant frequencies (that's part of their job) ;) and the models reflect that.
    My guess is that either you are setting the modelled pedals 'by eye' or you are using too much output volume on the effect, which pushed the following profile harder and thereby producing more audible high frequency content.

like you said, you can always 'mod' the pedals by adding EQ, which is a very cool way of expanding the palette of distortion pedals - so why not use and explore that?

• Thank you for your suggestion I will try that. But like you said, you can get very good results, but there's still something special missing that the distortion analog effects provide that the digital counterparts are missing.

Also, as many guitar players, we each have different preference when it comes to distortion pedals and the kemper is very limited. Do you know if adding extra fx loops is something that Mr. Kemper is considering?
    When the news of the remote came out and I saw 4 jacks in the back of the unit I was hoping for at least 2 extra fx loops - something like the TC Electronics G-System. I believe this is a feature that a lot of players would love to have.

I have the FCB1010 and own both the UNO for kemper and the Eureka Sound proms. I love the the fact that it has 2 foot pedals (which is something I which the kemper remote would have) and the Eproms work really good. For the price of the Kemper remote and not having foot pedals the addition of FX Loops would make it more appealing.