"damaged rigs" everytime i open rig manager

• Here's what im doing: Editing rigs in the kemper while rig manager is open and using rig manager to delete profiles i dont want. Is this wrong? Every time i load up rig manager i gotta wait forever for it to "sync" and repair damaged rigs.

• same here ...any thoughts ?

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Are you saving the rigs on the KPA, or just changing the current rig? Are you deleting the rigs that changed, rigs that haven't, or both?

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• For what Im doing its pretty much ..............just using it. I was dragging and dropping from one screen ( in Explorer where I keep the profiles) into the personal folder in Rig Manager. When that gave me uphill with the "damaged rig" part I gave that a miss and started using the "Import" feature in File Manager in Rig Manager. All was going well ...... for a while and then the dreaded "damaged rigs" came alive once more.
    I don't mind doing the reboot thing while holding the Browser and Rig button simultaneously but it does get a bit much at times ;(
    We are all ears . Thanks.

• Well, I still don't understand the scenario that's causing the problem. You had mentioned editing rigs on the KPA with RM open, then deleting unwanted rigs via RM. My previous questions were an attempt to understand the exact sequence causing your problem, but you didn't really answer them.

• Well, I still don't understand the scenario that's causing the problem. You had mentioned editing rigs on the KPA with RM open, then deleting unwanted rigs via RM. My previous questions were an attempt to understand the exact sequence causing your problem, but you didn't really answer them.

You are exact about what my issue is. Thats exactly what im doing and im wondering why its always showing up as damaged rigs and taking years to sync.

• It would seem to me if RM keeps all this info in a database the database could be corrupted. If RM is uninstalled you would need to make sure that the database is gone as well so a reinstall will not use the same one. One would have to ask support what type of database it is and see if there is any repair that can be run on it. But with any database you always take the chance of losing something if it is too corrupted.

• I'd be guessing, but perhaps there's a checksum between rigs in RM and those in the KPA, and the editing is changing it in one place and not the other. If so, then it's some type of synchronization issue and needs to be reported to the Kemper folks.

• Its easy enough to figure out. Just rename the original DB file and reinstall RM. If the issue goes away then it is the DB. If not something up with the KPA sync like Zappledan said. The DB file is in

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Kemper Amps\RigManager file name .RigExchange

• It would seem to me if RM keeps all this info in a database the database could be corrupted. If RM is uninstalled you would need to make sure that the database is gone as well so a reinstall will not use the same one. One would have to ask support what type of database it is and see if there is any repair that can be run on it. But with any database you always take the chance of losing something if it is too corrupted.

I followed another thread and reinstalled rig manager and the problem persists. It also said to remove a file (cant remember the name) that i couldnt find in my rig manager install files. Reinstalling rig manager doesnt solve the problem either for me. If you delete, save or edit in rig manager- your next boot up through rig manager is a long wait. Seems others have the same problem.

• try this...
    Make sure Kemper is off.
    Press and hold the rig button.
    Turn the Kemper on by turning chicken head knob to browse.
    When you see something like 'rigs initializing' (I cant remember the exact phrase but its something like that) you can release the rig button.
    Let it finish booting and you should be fixed.

• Has anybody already found a solution for this problem?
    It takes quite a time before my Kamper starts up now...
    I kept about 90 profiles in the kemper, and kicked the rest in "local library" in rig manager, but now, starting up it takes already about 15 minutes that he keeps "syncing" rigs...
    I tried starting up holding the rig button, and the rig initializing goes fine, but next startup the prob is back again...
    I also unistalled rig manager (deleting the files that were still there after the uninstall...) but even after a fresh install the problem is still there...

• I think its just a fault with rig manager. Needs fixed.

• For the people who have experienced this issue have any of you tried a different computer? Maybe a computer that only has the operating system on it so you know nothing else can affect the sync between the KPA and rig manager.