Have amps, will profile the BE100: Lets make some profiles...

• Here's a fast clip I threw together of Merciful Fates "The Uninvited Guest" using the HAWP6 VR F0 C1 S0 profile. 2 rhythm tracks panned hard left/right and a lead track panned dead center.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Here's a fast clip I threw together of Merciful Fates "The Uninvited Guest" using the HAWP6 VR F0 C1 S0 profile. 2 rhythm tracks panned hard left/right and a lead track panned dead center.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

sounds pretty good to me!

• Tim..Tim..Tim,
    I gotta tell ya again that I am extremely happy with the clean profile, HAWP123 B3T3 BRT-R. I mean smiling happy when I play that sucker with LP Standard / Burstbuckers / Neck PU. Actually took off everything but Reverb.
    Excellent f'n job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks to @oozish for asking for some cleans...

• I know we're basically done here, but I feel like we can take this just one step further. Now that everybody has the raw profiles they requested as well as the ones the community steered this effort towards, I think it'd be cool if everyone offered up their favorites, including effect, EQ, and even amp/cab tweaks. I found about 8 or 10 that stood out for me but provided a decent amount of variation to the tone, and I added some reverb to these. Some I even tweaked the amp parameters slightly - tried to get Definition off of 10 where I felt they sounded a bit too "boosted". Usually I took a touch of bass out of the EQ and sometimes added a bit of treble and/or presence. I'm really loving what I've got now and thought it may be helpful to share. I'll get a dropbox link up later on, probably tomorrow night. I encourage everyone to do the same!

• I know we're basically done here, but I feel like we can take this just one step further. Now that everybody has the raw profiles they requested as well as the ones the community steered this effort towards, I think it'd be cool if everyone offered up their favorites, including effect, EQ, and even amp/cab tweaks. I found about 8 or 10 that stood out for me but provided a decent amount of variation to the tone, and I added some reverb to these. Some I even tweaked the amp parameters slightly - tried to get Definition off of 10 where I felt they sounded a bit too "boosted". Usually I took a touch of bass out of the EQ and sometimes added a bit of treble and/or presence. I'm really loving what I've got now and thought it may be helpful to share. I'll get a dropbox link up later on, probably tomorrow night. I encourage everyone to do the same!

ok, I agree.. this could be a nice and interesting experience.. but we should limit with the number of rigs.. up to 10? is it enough?

• I think the focus is to thin the herd for our preferences. So for instance of someone else liked the same tones i liked, they could grab my selections rather than the colossal hawp8 and have to demo through 50 profiles then tweak the picks.

Id keep your individual pack to a relevant size. Anywhere from 2 - 10 sounds about right. I think anything beyond 10 may be counter productive.

• I haven't been following this thread from the beginning so I'm kind of in the dark here.

I don't like tons of Profiles because I don't use Rig Manager.
    Can someone summarize and give me the cream of the crop of the Profiles so far...how about 7 of the best.

Thanks, much appreciated.

• I haven't been following this thread from the beginning so I'm kind of in the dark here.

I don't like tons of Profiles because I don't use Rig Manager.
    Can someone summarize and give me the cream of the crop of the Profiles so far...how about 7 of the best.

Thanks, much appreciated.

That is too relative a request. What sounds do you like? Lo-gain, crunch, metal? Narrow it down and I am sure someone can steer you in the right direction. Profiles are very subjective though and with about 5 minutes of little effort you can download them all from the 1st post on page 1.

• That is too relative a request. What sounds do you like? Lo-gain, crunch, metal? Narrow it down and I am sure someone can steer you in the right direction. Profiles are very subjective though and with about 5 minutes of little effort you can download them all from the 1st post on page 1.

I listened to your 'noodling' around clip, sounded awesome, and some killer playing as well.

• I listened to your 'noodling' around clip, sounded awesome, and some killer playing as well.

Thanks man! Appreciate that! These profiles Tim has been doing are quite inspiring as is the Kemper. I've only had it a few weeks but it makes me want to play and record something fierce.

• Thanks man! Appreciate that! These profiles Tim has been doing are quite inspiring as is the Kemper. I've only had it a few weeks but it makes me want to play and record something fierce.

I am pretty much on the same boat with Jeremy... I have had mine from around the first week of December and it has made me record Almost on a daily basis!

• Hi Guitartone, one curious question: why you do not use sooooo useful tool like Rig Manager? I am really curious.. I cannot imagine KPA without RM.. hmhm..

My PC runs Windows XP. :)

My Kemper was one of the few demo models sent out to distributors in 2011, so I've lived without RM for all those years.

I don't like auditioning 100 Profiles of one amp, I prefer the owner of the amp to choose his favourite 10 Profiles, I trust his choice.
    Then I load the 10 into my KPA, choose my favourite 5 or 6 and delete the rest.

• For what its worth I would like to elect meambobo to select his top choices (*with tweaks if possible!) and load them somewhere. I feel like he has a great ear and enjoy all his presets based on other rigs. I think a "clean, crunch, drive, overdrive, lead preset of 5 (perfect for a performance slot) would be ideal. Maybe he'll say yes? Actually 6 would be best to cater to different guitar pickups as follows:

clean (strat/sc)
    Crunch (strat/sc)
    Drive (strat/hb)
    Overdrive (hb)
    Lead Strat/sc
    Lead HB

Or you could do 10...5 geared towards single coil/strat configs and 5 for humbucker/Gibson direction. I have a tele with HB and a KM7 but tend to use my strat more for cleans and edge of breakup/crunch.