Have amps, will profile the BE100: Lets make some profiles...

• HAWP-27 profiles are up.

Note: These profiles were made with firmware 3.0.1.10908B

The files can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/35a…xGGhAS_uzOIB3Z2d4JSa?dl=0

In this session I am profiling both the Friedman BE100 and the Friedman Dirty Shirley.

This time we will try something different,
    instead of making both Studio and Direct Amp profiles at each amp setting
    I am making Direct Amp profiles at various gain settings of each amp
    and I am sharing a handful of Cabs that I made during this profiling session.
    This way, you can try each cab with whichever Direct Amp profile that you want
    and you can save it as a Merged profile, or you can try other cabs with these
    Direct Amp profiles if you want.

Important: To make the cabs I did a Studio profile and a Direct Amp profile,
    then I copied the cab from the Studio profile into the Direct Amp profile
    and I merged it. So, you don't need to merge these cabs, that has already
    been done, you just need to open them in the Direct Amp profile.
    To do this, simply select one of the Direct Amp profiles,
    press and hold the CABINET button until it is selected,
    then turn the BROWSE knob to select one of the cabs.
    Hint, if you like a certain cab you can press the lock button
    and it will stay while you scroll through the different
    Direct Amp profiles.

Here is what the file names mean:
    H27 Cab-01 through Cab-15 (These are the cabs that I made for this session)
    H27D BE1 (HAWP-27, Direct Amp, this is the BE100, the BE channel, gain 1)
    H27D HBE1 (HAWP-27, Direct Amp, this is the BE100, the HBE channel, gain 1)
    H27D DS H1 (HAWP-27, Direct Amp, this is the Dirty Shirley, High input, gain 1)
    H27D DS L1 (HAWP-27, Direct Amp, this is the Dirty Shirley, Low input, gain 1)
    Etc...

These are the BE100 amp settings:
    Bass=6
    Mid=7
    Treb=7
    Pres=6
    Mstr Vol=3
    FAT=Off
    C45=Off
    SAT=Off

These are the Dirty Shirley amp settings:
    Pres=5
    Bass=3
    Mid=8
    Treb=6
    Mstr Vol=3

If you find a cab that you like and would like to know how it was made please send me a "Conversation" and I'd be happy to give you the details.

If you want some different amp settings we can do that during the next profiling session, just let me know what you want and include as much detail as possible.

• In reading through the complete thread, I noted that the first profiling sessions in which Tim had upgraded to 3.0 Firmware, begins with Phase 21. Not sure if this is meaningful, or relevant, but I just thought I would point this out, for whomever might be interested.

Tim, if you happen to read this, please correct me if I am wrong. In other words, beginning with Phase 21 and up, your profiles have been based on Firmware 3.xx

Cheers,
    John

I think that you are correct. I have not rolled back the firmware so everything after Phase-21 should be firmware 3.x.x or higher. I will try to keep better notes going forward :)

• One question.

I saved the 0 degrees Cab which I think was done with pre FW3 or 2.8.
    If I use that Cab on Tim's new Direct Profiles is it the same as Merging a Cab?
    Is the Cab on FW3 different to pre FW3?

I would hesitate to use a pre 3.x.x cab in 3.x.x Direct Amp profile. In HAWP-27 I probably duplicated the cab that you mentioned, give those a try and see if you find one that you like. If you are not sure send me a conversation with the details of the cab that you have been using and I'll try to figure out if it is duplicated in HAWP-27, if it isn't I will make one during the next profiling session.

• Tim, you are AWESOME!

• Man, this has got to be one of the most fun, most engaging threads in the history of guitar gear & equipment user forums.

Kudos to Tim Owens for coming up the the "Have Amp, Will Profile" concept, and the wonderful Kemper community participation that has resulted.

Heck, I even love Tim's creative title, and the historical turn of phrase. For me, it immediately conjured up memories of Robert Heinlein's classic science fiction novel "Have Spacesuit, Will Travel"...which itself was a riff on the title of the famous 1950s television Western, "Have Gun, Will Travel".

• You are definitely up for "KPA community member of the year award"! Heck, for the whole decade :)

It would be awesome to know of the mic placement of each profile - but I don't know if you've kept notes of such things.

One question for all the guys - when merging a direct amp profile with a cab profile (both from HAWP 27 pack), it seems the sound changes drastically. Am I the only one experiencing this?

• You are definitely up for "KPA community member of the year award"! Heck, for the whole decade :)

It would be awesome to know of the mic placement of each profile - but I don't know if you've kept notes of such things.

One question for all the guys - when merging a direct amp profile with a cab profile (both from HAWP 27 pack), it seems the sound changes drastically. Am I the only one experiencing this?

You are definitely up for "KPA community member of the year award"! Heck, for the whole decade :)

What do you mean the sound changes drastically...do you mean compared to Tim's previous Studio Profiles that included a Cab?

• read tim's notes "So, you don't need to merge these cabs, that has alreadybeen done, you just need to open them in the Direct Amp profile.To do this, simply select one of the Direct Amp profiles,press and hold the CABINET button until it is selected,then turn the BROWSE knob to select one of the cabs."

• No, I mean I select a direct amp profile, then browse and select a cab I like to go with it (both from hawp27) - then when I push the "merge" button, the sound is radically different.

Don't press the merge button, the cabs have already been merged and they should only be merged once.