Have amps, will profile the BE100: Lets make some profiles...

• I'm sure I'm being a dunce, but how do I get the cabs from this pack onto my Kemper? Can I transfer them using Rig Manager or do they have to go on a USB stick? I'm not with my Kemper at the moment but Rig Manager said something about only being able to open Rig files when I tried to put the cab files into it.

Also: thanks so much again to @timowens for the superb work you've put in!

• I put them in the folder 'shared/cabinets' on my usb stick and imported them. Didn't even have to turn the kemper off.

By the way, I can't tell a big difference between these cabs, however, I'm leaning toward 2, 3, 7, 8 and 11 as having noticeable differences for clean/crunch tones. However, those all sound great! I haven't tested them out with overdrive tones, so the differences may be more apparent in that scenario.

As always, thanks Tim. Wish there were more like you....you really are the gift that keeps on giving! Thanks!

• HAWP-28 profiles are up.

They can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/psw…P2mjqnNu1GbXBSNaCbga?dl=0

Here are the notes from the profiling session:

HAWP-28
    2015-05-03

Note: These profiles were made with firmware 3.0.1.10908B

In this session I am making DA profiles as per someone’s request.
    The cab used to load the amp is the Legacy 412 with the stock Vintage 30's,
    but see the note at the bottom of this document for one exception.

Here are the file/rig names and what they mean:

BE Channel (All same EQ, Gain and Volume settings)
    Gain 8
    Bass 7
    Mid 6
    Treble 6
    Presence 6
    Master 3.5

H28D BE C0 S0 VR (BE Channel, C45 Off, SAT Off, Voice Left)
    H28D BE C0 S0 VR SL100 (BE Channel, C45 Off, SAT Off, Voice Left, using my own inductive load instead of the speaker cab)
    H28D BE C0 S1 VR (BE Channel, C45 Off, SAT On, Voice Right)
    H28D BE C0 S1 VL (BE Channel, C45 Off, SAT On, Voice Left)
    H28D BE C1 S0 VR (BE Channel, C45 On, SAT Off, Voice Right)
    H28D BE C1 S0 VL (BE Channel, C45 On, SAT Off, Voice Left)
    H28D BE C1 S1 VR (BE Channel, C45 On, SAT On, Voice Right)
    H28D BE C1 S1 VL (BE Channel, C45 On, SAT On, Voice Left)

HBE Channel
    Gain 6
    Bass 7
    Mid 6
    Treble 6
    Presence 6
    Master 3.5

H28D HBE C0 S0 VR (HBE Channel, C45 Off, SAT Off, Voice Right)
    H28D HBE C0 S0 VL (HBE Channel, C45 Off, SAT Off, Voice Left)
    H28D HBE C0 S1 VR (HBE Channel, C45 Off, SAT On, Voice Right)
    H28D HBE C0 S1 VL (HBE Channel, C45 Off, SAT On, Voice Left)
    H28D HBE C1 S0 VR (HBE Channel, C45 On, SAT Off, Voice Right)
    H28D HBE C1 S0 VL (HBE Channel, C45 On, SAT Off, Voice Left)
    H28D HBE C1 S1 VR (HBE Channel, C45 On, SAT On, Voice Right)
    H28D HBE C1 S1 VL (HBE Channel, C45 On, SAT On, Voice Left)

NOTE: There is one experimental profile included, the "H28D BE C0 S0 VR SL100".
    All other profiles were made with the amp loaded down with the Legacy 412 cab,
    for this one profile the amp is loaded down with a homemade inductive load
    that I designed to emulate the impedance curve of the Legacy 412 cab.
    I wanted to test it to see how it worked as an amp load while making
    Direct Amp profiles. If it works good that would give me the option
    of making DA profiles at zero room volume which could come in handy.
    Also, I could use this and the Torpedo CAB to make Studio profiles
    at zero room volume. Compare it to the "H28D BE C0 S0 VR" profile,
    do you think that it sounds the same?

• .. and Nothing compares to you, Tim!! LOOP goes on: THANK YOU!!

these sound terrific.. I tried them only with my favourite CAB Till´s Cablab 016 and Love the sound completely and absolutely.. :thumbup:

• Dammit Michael, you are making me spend money! ;):D

I just purchased and downloaded Tilll's CabLab. I can't wait to try out these cabs with my new XiTone 1x12 Passive Wedge.

Of course, it goes without saying, Tim's BE100 profiles will be an integral part of this equation. :thumbup:

• .. and Nothing compares to you, Tim!! LOOP goes on: THANK YOU!!

these sound terrific.. I tried them only with my favourite CAB Till´s Cablab 016 and Love the sound completely and absolutely.. :thumbup:

This is so cool, I actually bought those cabs a while back but then I got side tracked with other stuff and forgot about them. So I tried them this evening and wow, those are really good cabs. Thanks for the tip!

• Right Tim I've tried all phase 28 you made for me, all spot on as usual!! I still prefer and will continue to use the profile of the HBE channel SAT switch ON Voice switch R and the rest OFF as my main tone. It's great to now have my preferred EQ and gain settings for both channels with every switch combination possible (bar the fat switch we discussed I have no real use for), its almost like having the real amp in front of me and flicking the switches as I want.

Regarding the profile comparison with the reactive load box against the Carvin cab, to me the profile with the real cab sounds more open in the high mids and treble, I suppose like the treble or presence has been turned down by 0.5 on the amp before profiling. I think it sounds a little more compressed too. I think to me it sounds a little like what Sambrox mentions in the difference he hears, and that I hear to a far lesser extent in the Direct Amp Vs some Merged Profiles or the same amp. Although I think without a direct comparison like we had I doubt it would really matter much at all to use the load box, it still sounded great just different.

Cheers again Tim, if I'm ever playing anywhere near Golden Valley I'll hit you up!

• Hi Tim,

Quick question. Pleas see the text from your HAWP-27 notes, that I bolded (above). When I tried importing the files to Rig Manager, it would not take any of the CAB files that are (I think) supposed to be MERGED profiles...in other words, H27 Cab-01 through Cab-15.

So, I am thinking that perhaps these particular .kipr files are not MERGED profiles, but rather Cab Presets...due to the fact that Rig Manager will not recognize them. Can you confirm if this is the case? Also, in the event that they are Cab Presets, does that mean they do not contain the amp profile??

Just when I thought I had a clear handle on all this Direct & Merged vs Studio business...some new question (such as this) seems to pop up.

Thanks in advance.

• ..only having a bit of fun.. recording this little piece of music..

recorded with CARVIN AH model and KEMPER using the RAW profile H27D HBE6 from Tim Owens with Cablab 016 from Till Schleicher, nothing added, no delay, no reverb.. RAW as it is..

..using song from Robert Renman´s True fire course Blues Booster..

ps: this was not meant to be the blues sound.. it´s only sound I like.. nothing else.. maybe someone else will like this sound also.. thank you Tim and Till !!! ;)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Sounds absolutely fantastic, Hallan! Some tasty playing, as well. :thumbup:

I would have added some reverb...but I get that you wanted to showcase the profile's natural tone, in it's unadulterated "raw" form.

Great job. I also have Till Schneider's CabLab, so I will have to try out this particular Tim Owen HAWP profile, using Till's #016 cab preset.

• Sounds absolutely fantastic, Hallan! Some tasty playing, as well.

I would have added some reverb...but I get that you wanted to showcase the profile's natural tone, in it's unadulterated "raw" form.

Great job. I also have Till Schneider's CabLab, so I will have to try out this particular Tim Owen HAWP profile, using Till's #016 cab preset.

Hi, Tritium, thanks and I´m glad you like the sound.. FYI I have used pick ups in the middle position but switched to single coil "mode", volume between 7-8 and tone control rolled back between 2-3.. that´s all.. recorded in Studio One.. absolutely no fancy stuff added.. no EQ, nothing... and yes, I wanted to showcase the profile as it is, I would say, "in the quickest and simplest" form.. I really enjoy this kind of sound.. :)