KPA Footswitch Price guess

• It always amazes me how people can undervalue the running costs of a business and bringing a product to market. One of my favourites is when people comment on the price of stompboxes and they say something like "Noway is x pedal worth £y, I could buy the components for £z amount" with no regard to running costs, mark ups, R&D, pension schemes, insurance, marketing, rates, taxes, training, wages, packaging etc etc etc, the list is endless, yet the only value they can see is in the cost of the physical components.

• How many of you recall (or heard of) Kemper's register incentive program to get their non-powered units upgraded to powered?

Not to steal anyone's thunder, but I'm truly hopeful a like program will be announced to "forumites" and/or registered owners for the Kemper Remote. :whistling: Product loyalty for quality would be a fair exchange.

• It is always difficult for seller, determine the right price of product.
    Choose best compromise between ,,sell most and to have profit"
    If they will overpriced KPR , not everyone buy it.
    But every product have their price.

• Hmmm.... Dealing with some sticker shock here.
    $600 US is about 28% of the cost of a base Kemper itself. Pretty pricey for a utility accessory.

To put it another way. If I had $600 to invest in my system, I could truly justify spending that much for a powered speaker that'd be required in order to produce sound.
    (With soundboard or headphone connections being the only other alternatives)

But, as innovative as the Kemper Remote is, it remains a utility accessory with it's functional purpose to assist with on-board changes which could always be accomplished either manually or by use with other like devices.
    i.e. The Remote itself brings little if anything new to the party, just a simplified means to accomplish the task.

I'm sure it'll do fine at a NAMM type event where many have $$$ falling out of their pockets, but might prove to be a stretch in the regular market with so many alternative options existing within that price point.

I would have happily invested $350 - 400 US for this unit while still providing a healthy profit towards it's design, innovation and manufacturing costs, but confess I'm having a hard time justifying the cost gap.

Perhaps the Remote has other useful features beyond it's general description, but a 30 second looper won't be cinching this gap for me either.

Barring any loyalty incentives which may/may not develop, I'm OK for now observing the success progress of the Remote.

• Couldn't have said it better myself.

• $600 US is about 28% of the cost of a base Kemper itself. Pretty pricey for a utility accessory.

It is 1/3 of the cost of KPA here in Europe. I don't say it is not worth it, given design and functions included, but it is not 349E what I was predicting ;) 349E was the limit for me at the moment. I was hoping remote to be more of 1/4 of KPA's price.

• Well, it is very pricey, IMHO.
    I understand that it is made in Germany, R&D, and everything else. But I won't pay the 34% of the money I paid for the Kpa (3 years ago it was €1455).
    My limit was 400€ ( shh, don't tell my girlfriend :D ), considering that I paid 380 for a b-stock Rocktron midi raider, which is a very powerful midi pedal and that an HD500 has some pretty nice midi features(it works like a backup too) and can be found used for 250€.
    Really hoping for a discount coupon for us users who have been owning the Kpa since 3 years and more.