Expression Pedal Review Thread - please post your reviews here :)

• @carsnguitars58, FYI: I have two of the DVP3's and sent one back for a clicking noise coming from the pot just after pedal left the heel position. Didn't affect its operation but I felt for a new one it shouldn't be making that noise, no matter how slight it was. Got it replaced no problem and other than that both are great pedals.

• They don't even have the broken one. One of the guys who works there normally drops the stuff of round my house so as soon as its in stock he will bring it over and I will give him the broken one. Ill ask them to look into why and what broke, and will report back what it was

• LudoMusic - Interesting... I had a Morley optical bad horsey I liked, but ditched it to get away from batteries.
    Nice to see they have passive options now. I'll need to check one out if available.
    The taper control string looks a tad more feeble than I'm used to. That and any possible "tone suck", pedal range concerns I'd weigh against.
    Nice find, regardless.

Happy Kemper

• I returned to Guitar Ctr before my gig and spent some more time checking out the Dunlop DVP3.
    To all you DVP3 owners, I now understand the reason for all your positive ratings. I have never experienced a more “fluid feel” from any pedal I’ve ever used before. I have to say, this point alone chalked up a whole lot of points in its favor for me.

I first ran it as a dedicated Volume, then as a dedicated Wah and later messed with Kemper’s Wah dual conversion option. (Changes were both simple and very responsive with the Kemper) 8)
    I only tested it using the expression out, so the Input, Outputs & Tuners weren't tested.
    I actually ended up buying a pair (mostly because I wanted isolated pedals each dedicated to Vol & Wah)

At this point, I’m going to regard Raoul’s earlier incident as an isolated defect which simply occurs from time to time. Hopefully not too much.
    I might regret this later, but the DVP3's feel, sweep range and other added features won me over.
    All set now for when the Remote arrives... :thumbup:

Happy Kemper

• Got a moog ep-3 today. Took a few minutes to get my head around the parameters in the Kemper. Once up and running I was very happy with it. Feels like it has opened up a new side of my toaster that's been lying dormant

• Hi,

I want a pedal with a switch. So i can switch from vol to wah and back. Is this possible with the remote?

Music Man JP 6-String/Piezo Pearl Redburst, Kemper Stage, Kemper Power Kabinet

• I would be interested in reports on two things here.. The dvp3 seems like it has a nice sweep and feel. I like the passive idea as well. Can anyone comment if they perceive any tone suck .. How is it connected to KPA? I am still using uno 4 kemper and would likely use straight from guitar to KPA. How else could I use trs as to avoid tone suck ?

• I would be interested in reports on two things here.. The dvp3 seems like it has a nice sweep and feel. I like the passive idea as well. Can anyone comment if they perceive any tone suck .. How is it connected to KPA? I am still using uno 4 kemper and would likely use straight from guitar to KPA. How else could I use trs as to avoid tone suck ?

Connecting a DVP-3 (or any other expression pedal) via TRS jack will of course work without any tone suck. There's no audio signal going through the pedal.

• You use a TRS cable from the DVP3 in to one of the expression inputs on the back of the KPA. Guitar cable goes from the guitar into the input on the front of KPA. See, as Ingolf said, no tone suck, as there's no audio going through the DVP3 (it's functioning as an expression pedal, controlling volume in the KPA. Volume can be set up to work at different stages of the signal chain. Read the manual for specifics).

Cheers,
    Sam

• You use a TRS cable from the DVP3 in to one of the expression inputs on the back of the KPA. Guitar cable goes from the guitar into the input on the front of KPA. See, as Ingolf said, no tone suck, as there's no audio going through the DVP3 (it's functioning as an expression pedal, controlling volume in the KPA. Volume can be set up to work at different stages of the signal chain. Read the manual for specifics).

Cheers,
    Sam

Thanks Sam I thought so but I wanted to know if it was possible this way with single trs. Sounds like I can even control where in the signal chain.. Everyone on this forum is always helpful even when noons ask silly questions in wrong forums