The Official "Ambrosi Amps' Retrofit Power Amps for the Profiler" thread

• A slightly odd question for all you guys with the Ambrosi amp installed.

Is there any downside to having the weight of the transformer on one side? Is carrying the KPA any different? Does the leather handle feel like its going to jump off the pegs if you carry it with that?

I'm building my own power amp thats similar to the Ambrosi (thread here if interested) and would be interested to see if the weight distribution is an issue at all.

• A slightly odd question for all you guys with the Ambrosi amp installed.

Is there any downside to having the weight of the transformer on one side? Is carrying the KPA any different? Does the leather handle feel like its going to jump off the pegs if you carry it with that?

I'm building my own power amp thats similar to the Ambrosi (thread here if interested) and would be interested to see if the weight distribution is an issue at all.

I don't have the Kemper with me at the moment but I didn't remember something like a noticeable unbalance weigh. What is sure it that the toaster is heavier, while the Ambrosi sounds really good it is not the lightest option vs class D amp for exemple. But I found that the adding weigh make the KPA more secure when put on top of my cab.

• [quote='greenblob','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/18217-The-Official-Ambrosi-Amps-Retrofit-Power-Amps-for-the-Profiler-thread/?postID=206686&#post206686']A slightly odd question for all you guys with the Ambrosi amp installed.

I'm building my own power amp thats similar to the Ambrosi (thread here if interested) and would be interested to see if the weight distribution is an issue at all.[/quote].....I subscribed to your thread, & watching with interest, roger

• I don't have the Kemper with me at the moment but I didn't remember something like a noticeable unbalance weigh. What is sure it that the toaster is heavier, while the Ambrosi sounds really good it is not the lightest option vs class D amp for exemple. But I found that the adding weigh make the KPA more secure when put on top of my cab.

My thought as well, no specific feel of "unbalance" (?) :)

• hi! I would like to ask all the ambrosi Amt - 70 users who have certain experience in live use with the specific amplifier one question. I was thinking of purchasing the ehx 44 magnum but i read several threads that lacks a lot of headroom especially in clean sounds, something that makes it in a live band situation unusable. Then i bumped into the ambrosi amp and I would like to ask if it's noticeably louder than the ehx 44 magnum baring in mind that they only differ 6 watt. I know that they are different
    in construction and components but can someone please confirm if the ambrosi amp is louder than the ehx .Thanks.

• hi! I would like to ask all the ambrosi Amt - 70 users who have certain experience in live use with the specific amplifier one question. I was thinking of purchasing the ehx 44 magnum but i read several threads that lacks a lot of headroom especially in clean sounds, something that makes it in a live band situation unusable. Then i bumped into the ambrosi amp and I would like to ask if it's noticeably louder than the ehx 44 magnum baring in mind that they only differ 6 watt. I know that they are different in construction and components but can someone please confirm if the ambrosi amp is louder than the ehx .Thanks.

What's the impedance of the cab you'd be using?

Here follow the most meaningful data for loudness and headroom. You should compare them with the 44Magnum.

Instantaneous peak output power: 135 W;
    Frequency range: 27Hz -105kHz +0.5 / -3.0 dB;
    Distortion factor (THD+N): 0.1% 20-20.000 Hz;
    S\N ratio: > 92dB.

The ATM-70 is designed to operate within the above specs along its full work range.
    OTOH, the 44Magnum is designed for guitars: it's linear within a certain range but easily clips from a certain gain on. This can give an apparent higher loudness to the detriment of headroom.
    I'd advise to contact Electro-Harmonix and ask for the above-mentioned specs.

As a general note, it's not so easy to compare two power amps in terms of loudness, they may need a different input voltage in order to perform according to their nominal specs. This would translate into different positions of the Proliler's volume.

HTH

• I will be taking delivery of an ATM 70 soon and I will post my thoughts and what not for everyone. If anyone one wants to come and try the power amp I live in sheffield in the UK so just drop me a message if you would like to come try it.

• I got linked to this thread after asking re. Flat response 3rd party power amps for the KPA rack... What is this thread regarding exactly?

from the title it looks like someone has figured out a way to retrofit a power amp to the non-powered versions of the KPA (lunchbox / rack) - is that accurate? And is this a cheaper / nicer sounding option? Furthermore, which country are they based in!?

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack