Can the Kemper....

• But why?
    You have all possible outputs.. Take the spdif for recording and that's it. I would not want another USB interface in that device, which will interfere with the other soundcard(s) for microphone etc.
    I prefer it that way.

I love my Kemper, but the spdif "Master only" is very annoying in a professional environment...

• Indeed.

I REALLY wanted to be able to get the Kemper. I extremely like the tech of it. It just falls short in a few features for me personally.

before I knew of the kemper I was on the verge of buying an Axe FX id been a line 6 guy for years and was wanting to up my gain. A friend of mine then mentioned the Kemper and I watched a few you tube vids. Things that sold me the Kemper were.

1 cheaper than axe FX
    2 no tweaking needed with firmware updates
    3 No local stores with axe FX to play and try.

in the end I went with the kemper. IMO I think I picked the right one. The KPA seems to be getting better and better all the time. A friend of mine is in a band he has the kemper and the other guitarist has an Axe FX I cant wait to go see them so i can here them both in the same situation. From what I've been told by other people the Kemper slays the Axe FX.

anyway I hope you enjoy the Axe FX :)

• At the end of the day, it's all about workflow and what gets you from inspiration to creative output the quickest and with the least obstacles. I've been very frustrated in the past, feeling that creative buzz, being inspired to quickly get something down, only to be bogged down in a long-winded set up, hardware issues, or endless tinkering and tweaking, until the spark is all but extinguished. I sympathise with the OP, as after all, as good as the KPA is, it's not like it's a requirement to make a hit record or to sound great at a gig. Satriani had a hit recording through a handheld Zoom unit, for instance! Great tone can be achieved whatever you use, as long as you have the talent and that creative spark, so whatever gets you there on the path of least resistance is the way to go. Good luck!
    For me, the KPA fits like a glove.

Cheers,
    Sam