Best Backing Tracks

• Hey all

Backing tracks, jam tracks and more backing tracks. Where do you get yours? Are they free or commercial? Do they have chord charts? Anything else good you look for?

Lately I've been looking at finding more backing tracks to play with and there are of course, a plethora of them available online. I've been using them to just jam with and improv over but also for practising specific things, like focussing on different notes and how they change sound compared to the musical context; like hitting different chord tones on the change, or before or after the change to see how it affects the tension and resolution of the notes etc etc. I've found the quality to be massively variable and many don't include chord charts or any information.

I can, of course, create my own and that's fine, but sometimes it's good to play along with something that you wouldn't have played/written yourself, something that takes you out of your comfort zone and introduces new ideas. I'm always looking for ways to push myself and never feel I've reached my potential, even after 15 years of playing ^^

So anyway, I thought I'd ask this knowledgeable community what they like to play along with and where they get them :thumbup:

• karaoke-version.com are pretty good you can go to custom backing track and download the individual tracks in any config that you want. i purchase a song download each track and put them into reaper, then you can configure the song any way you like, the vocals are sometimes hit and miss but that's ok

• You can also find nice backing tracks on Youtube.
    E.g.: if you search for "fusion dorian backing", you find some tracks and YT suggests you some more. Not bad.

Confirmed. YT is also full of BTracks. Try "blues backing tracks" - if you are into blues :)

• Hi,

May I be so bold as to offer my own backing tracks.
    On both my personal web pages and on my backing track site I have 150+ original tunes published both as tunes and as backing tracks.
    I have have been told they are fun to play over and many guitar teachers over the word use them for their lessons.

Please check them out and tell me what you think.

www.nermark.com
    BT King

Cheers,

Mats N

• Thanks Mats appreciate the kindness!!