Kemper KPA vs. Axe-FX II (Yes, another one...please read!)

• If we cant even expose cliff's censorship on his main competitors page, then where? Nobody is stooping to name-calling obnoxious rudeness, just sharing their experiences...

The OP already has all the info he sought, plus hes gonna try out both units.

Fair enough...but can you do it in another thread? Please don't use this one to air grievances.

• This is exactly what I was going to say (except the "close this thread" part, lol)...it seems like a few folks are doing the same things about Cliff that they accuse him of doing.

Not at all, it's two completly different things, and very easy to understand.

A company CEO using false info and FUD is never ok, possible legal issues. = very bad
    vs
    Gear users, consumers, using facts to expose what the company CEO is doing + exposing censorship. = doing the right thing

No other gear company behaves like this and it should be exposed, not censored.

• It's fun because i just read this whole thread and the whole thread at FAS forums (yeah, i have free time, lol) and two things struck me. 1) the folks over here seem to have a more open mentality 2) people seem to really stuck on small details such as shipping over the FAS forums haha.

Other than that, i can't say much than what was already been said about the whole KPA vs Axe debate, but wanted to add something that happened to me recently. I love my KPA (not a long time user tho, have it from a couple of weeks), and i have an ex band mate that owns an axe 2. We did some comparison (got together to jam) and we both agreed that if we don't rely heavily on effects, it's more of a personal preference which one we'd like best (axe has an edge there).

That was until i connected another guitar into my KPA. I usually use an esp horizon 2 (sd pickups) and i'm pretty happy with the sound i have with the kemper, but i plugged in a les paul "clone" (an edwards lp, also with sd pickups) and oh boy. What a ride, i couldn't choose a better sound for myself. All of this using the same jvm401 profile i use with the esp. What i gathered from that is the main difference which can be either a pro or con for both: I could dial in an awesome tone for both the horizon 2 and edwards with the axe (same profile, some tweaking), but with the kpa? i got a better tone using a different profile (same amp, different profile) for each guitar. After hearing the les paul no amount of tweaking made me completely happy with the same profile on both guitars on the kpa.

Whichever you like the most is your personal preference (profile vs tone matching), and my friends and my opinion didn't change either (both amazing units), but it's something to consider. I still like the kpa "feel" a bit more, but it might just be that i'm getting used it. Also, i had a pod hd before it and ... oh boy, do i hate tweaking settings constantly, lol.

• Those links have a lot of info and very good videos and music.
    Highly recommended!
    mbrown3, make sure to also download the full kemper user manual + additional profile packs from the kemper homepage.
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/pag…mplifier___Downloads.html
    And search the forum for recommended profiles!
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…8-Free-rigs-and-profiles/?
    And if you feel like it you can share the profiles you take from your own amps here and post A-B clips or audio clips.

• I cant understand for the life of me why people will continuously come on here (and there) asking "Which should I buy?'

There is PLENTY of videos, audio and text explaining the merits and such of each device. If you cant make up your mind with all of that.....what do you feel you will get by going into BOTH forums knowingly repeating the flame inviting thread heading?
    I mean really. Its been done over and over. There is now so much info out there. Come on, make a decision and own it. You have plenty of options to see what each does by now.
    It seams every time somebody is given a reason why they should choose one or the other, they come back with a "yeah but........" reply.

At one point you change and say now you want to know which one you want to keep. Huh?

Hold my hand while I click buy.

Cease and desist?
    Wow, everybody step aside.

None of this bothers me though. I just sit back, read and snicker a bit. Have at it.

I see you are getting the same replies over "there" too with your pasted thread.

• It looks like another 10 year old has joined the site.

Do us a favor, when you move Inthrutheout, just keep on moving away from here.

No obnoxious trolling adolescents looking to insult folks are needed here.

• It looks like another 10 year old has joined the site.

Do us a favor, when you move Inthrutheout, just keep on moving away from here.

No obnoxious trolling adolescents looking to insult folks are needed here.

Never moving, Rambo
    You know how funny you look when you come barreling in here with your fake smile......CEASE and DESIST!

• Guys, this is exactly what I don't like about FAS' forum. What about moving there to continue your querelle? Please, help us to keep the place a pleasant place to express own opinions, thanks.

:thumbdown:

• Just as classy as you trolling two competing boards.

You tried ignoring me? It is not hard. Watch how I do it forward from here with you and your new friend. Take notes.
    You cant even do that by yourself without someone holding your hand.

• Just as classy as you trolling two competing boards.

You tried ignoring me? It is not hard. Watch how I do it forward from here with you and your new friend. Take notes.
    You cant even do that by yourself without someone holding your hand.

Yeah, I'M the one trolling, when you're posting on threads of products you don't even own. :-/