Fixed: Slow response when creating folders

• I have quite a lot of rigs stored in Rig Manager (a couple of 1000s, don't ask :) ). Every time I create an folder there is a considerable delay before the folder actually appears. 3-4 seconds and Rig Manager is not responding during that time. Same when renaming a folder.
    I am on Windows 64 bit, rig manager is on fast SSD and the comp is i7 4790K, so I doubt the machine is an issue.

Any ideas?

• I have quite a lot of rigs stored in Rig Manager (a couple of 1000s, don't ask :) ). Every time I create an folder there is a considerable delay before the folder actually appears. 3-4 seconds and Rig Manager is not responding during that time. Same when renaming a folder.
    I am on Windows 64 bit, rig manager is on fast SSD and the comp is i7 4790K, so I doubt the machine is an issue.

Any ideas?

I've experienced similar behaviour. It may or may not be a bug, that's how rig librarian works.

• I have the same problem now that I've updated to 1.3.1. When creating or renaming folders the programm becomes unresponsive for up to one minute. This CANT be how RM works, as I had NO such problem with the previous version. Must be a bug, I hope kemperteam is already on it.

we are not aware of that. we cannot reproduce it ...
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I've done some testing and it seems that the more "bloated" the folder tree becomes, the more time it needs to render the addition/renaming or removal af a new folder. At some point it becomes plain IMPRACTICAL due to large waiting times. The strange thing is that this wasn't the case with previous versions of the software. If you want, I can send you my "local library" folder and see for yourselves.

• AHHHHH I've only just got my Kemper and my mind is about to implode already!!! How is RM best used in conjunction with the profiler ...? (So far what I've managed to do is download & install RM, connect my Kemper rack to my Mac, format a USB stick for use with the Kemper, upgrade and install the new (beta 3.0.2) firmware onto the KPA and used the 'System > Import all rigs' to ensure that my Kemper has all of the rigs from the firmware on it....

I see that you can 'preview' and 'upload' rigs directly from RM to the KPA when connected... How do I make sub-folders though, and is there no rating system on RM ? Also, my 'Local Library' is at 0 - even though I have just downloaded all the additional factory rig packs (Keith Merrow, TAF etc.etc.) onto my Mac - does it not recognise/search for these automatically?

Thanks for any help in advance!

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• @nEVH5150

Can you please start a separate thread and not hijack this one?
    RM's manual is linked to cmd+? (help menu). It explains the basic stuff (creating subfolders, importing rigs, ...) very well.

Have fun with your green toaster!

H

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I pretty much stopped using rig manager due to poor performance with lots (2000+) rigs and lots of folders, which is a shame.

- start takes about 30 seconds
    - folder creation takes about 20 seconds now, the same with rename and delete a folder.
    - closing rig manager takes about 2 minutes.

I've tried disconnecting from rig exchange, but that didn't help. Also added rig manager and data folder to anti-virus exclusions.

I have a very fast computer and all is on fast SSD. I cannot share my database for testing, unfortunately, but importing whole rig exchange into local database might help recreate the problem.