The funny crazyness about Fractal products :D

• As you might know, Fractal has "pre-announced" their AX8, a stripped-down floor version of the Axe-Fx.
    I remember very well (because I was a member there and had been lurking for the Axe years before the Kemper was announced) how much a floor version was longed for.
    Now that the AX8 is on the horizon, someone posted on TGP that they'd like to have... a rack version of the AX8 8o
    I realize that makes sense to someone, but just sounded crazy and funny to me so I thought I'd post it :P

This remembered me of the famous story of Joseph, the Virgin and kid Jesus travelling with their donkey :rolleyes:
    :D

• You can never please everyone. I think it is great that they have a floor unit coming out. More new products equals more options. Interesting how they released the info after the Atomic Amplifier has started shipping.

In any case though, they still haven't shipped out their FX8 unit as of yet. Apparently there was a silkscreening issue. I'd hate to see what the wait time is going to be on this new AX8 unit......

This is why I prefer how Kemper did things with the new remote. At least we have an idea as to when we are getting it and were given an opportunity to be on the list. It wasn't a perfect setup but at least it is real and we have an actual timeline.

• Interesting how they released the info after the Atomic Amplifier has started shipping.

It's no surprice, Fractal is known for very aggressive marketing.
    At least 3 Atomic Amplifier threads have been deleted and censored from the Fractal Audio off topic section, and some users get a PM not to discuss certain products and show respect.

• It's no surprice, Fractal is known for very aggressive marketing.
    At least 3 Atomic Amplifier threads have been deleted and censored from the Fractal Audio off topic section, and some users get a PM not to discuss certain products and show respect.

Really? Wow, that's a bit low. They must be quite frightened.

• Yes, censorship like that is never good company PR.
    Let's not forget the large amount of kemper threads and posts that have been censored and deleted from their off topic section over the years.
    Fractal have an interesting interpretation of "lounge, off topic" since it only applies to specific gear that is approved to discuss in their very company controlled environment.

• That is funny. Ask for a floor unit, then want it as a rack.
    Next they'll be asking for the ability to do 2 amps and 2 cabs.
    File this under "never hurts to ask" maybe. lol

I've never had anything censored here. Worst I had was a warning, months after the posts occurred, essentially to "be cool" when I had a dispute with a member. Not even a slap on the wrist, and it was a sensible warning.

Mostly the moderators here PM you with Wise Words. I like that approach. A mature word about keeping a larger perspective. It's much better to shepherd your flock than to kick them off the Cliff.

• It's much better to shepherd your flock than to kick them off the Cliff.

LOL
    Well played, sir!

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• This is a little weird for me. Help me understand.

This forum just closed a thread for a company posting a product.
    On another thread a company is advertising some pedal boards yet a Kemper company official says they are interested in helping with it.

It just threatened two others with disabling their ability to post .....Oh boy =O

Don't question or talk ill of another forum member :thumbup: , but bashing another man or product elsewhere is open season. Right or wrong why the double standard.

Twisted logic here.

Personally I don't care either way. It doesn't hurt me but this place is no better than any other.

It is all funny to me but why act so high and mighty and above all others?

This site is all over the map.

• I am not sure I'm following... this must be some language barrier. Would you mind rephrasing the main issue?

Who closed what?

Anyway, note I'm not bashing anything\anyone! In case I was not clear (sorry), I just found funny how people are never satisfied no matter what a company does. A floor version of the Axe has been requested for years, and now that it has been just announced someone is already complaining because it's not available as a rack.
    This was enough for me to write a post, but it's all in good spirit :D
    :)

• This thread is just a continuation of another thread, and you know the one I am talking about.
    I am not calling anyone in particular out. Just a general observation I am starting to see.

Once again It doesn't really bother me any. I am just not that sensitive enough to care.

• Inthrutheout, the reason you were warned in the other thread wasnt because you had a negative opinion of someone else or some product. Its because you resorted to personal attacks and name calling of forum members, which sparks flame wars and derails threads. Sharing opinions of products and people is fine when done in a civil manner.

• Sorry, I can't understand. The thread about Fractal where a couple of members have been admonished (provided it's the one you're referring to) has not been closed. Also, in this thread no-one is bashing no-one. This thread, in the mind of the OP, is not the continuation of any other thread and it's only fortuitly related to Fractal.

PS: Please, start knowing me! If I write that I don't understand, it's true. I'm too egocentric to admit with such levity I can't get something :D

OTOH, if you're suggesting I've an agenda against Fractal and I leverage my seniority here to write whatever I want with impunity, please note that:

• I'm subject to the board's rules as any other member; Kemper don't treat me any differently than any other here, nor is leveraging me to hit Fractal ( 8| ); it would not be in their like anyway;
    • I always clearly say what I think, or keep quite if I judge that it would be improper; I don't operate by subterfuges;
    • checking my record here and elsewhere could help you get the right perspective about my Internet persona.

Hope this clarifies things for you and, again, feel free to write back in case I'm missing something :)

• Inthrutheout, the reason you were warned in the other thread wasnt because you had a negative opinion of someone else or some product. Its because you resorted to personal attacks and name calling of forum members, which sparks flame wars and derails threads. Sharing opinions of products and people is fine when done in a civil manner.

I agree entirely. Yes I used a remark or two and let myself fall to their level. It happens. I did not start anything. I did not fire the first shot.
    All I did was point out how I saw no reason for yet another thread that has been beaten to death. I still believe you all were played.

I did make a little snipe about the Cease and Desist. That was a bit funny the way he came in there like he owned the joint. Others commented on that before and after I did.

Everything went down from there and they just would not let go. Anybody that could not see they both kept feeding off of each other and attacking me, are fools. It is human nature to fire back. As child like as it may have been.
    I am just not one to lay down and take an attack physically or verbally.

Either way this is not what my comment is about here so much.

• Fair enough :) But you nevertheless chose my thread to post

bashing another man or product elsewhere is open season. Right or wrong why the double standard.
    Twisted logic here.

... and I feel this is definitely out of place here.
    As for letting oneself being caught into the fight, please check what I responded back to lasvideo's last post addressed to me in "the other" thread.
    It's not that hard, really.

Peace :)