Looper is working through MIDI, KPA Team made it available in 3.0.2 Public Beta:)(UPDATED 26.03.2015)

• @Michael_dk - The text below is from this link: http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…rice-announced/?pageNo=7&

Laimon: i'm not burkhard but i might be able to sheet some additional light on that: the looper is highly interactive and Remote is required for the feedback you need to operate it. buttons with multiple meanings and states (depending on the actual situation) require the multi LEDs and the display of Remote. without all the visual aid, you don't even know if you're in record or playback. we want to focus on making our looper great fun and that's why it turned out that Remote is requirement. other boards are not supported.best, gs

I see why you don't support other boards but I still don't get the reason why you're actively blocking user efforts to get it to work.

I think noone would blame kemper if it doesn't work properly as it is not officially supported.

• I see why you don't support other boards but I still don't get the reason why you're actively blocking user efforts to get it to work.

I think noone would blame kemper if it doesn't work properly as it is not officially supported.

Exactly.
    The MIDI manual say's:

The Kemper Profiler features more than 400 parameters, so you can’t address them all with a standard
    MIDI control message, which is limited to 128 parameters. However, the Kemper Profiler also supports the
    NRPN (Non Registered Parameter Numbers) protocol, which allows the addressing of 16384 parameters,
    with a resolution of 16384 values (14 bit).
    For more detailed information regarding NRPN please consult the Kemper Profiler MIDI Parameter Documentation.

• Ha
    They didn't know, that you are too clever,and you found it.Hidden looper;-)

It was just idea based on judoromain post:
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…ooping-problem-with-midi/

So I'm thinking why they leave this NRPN commands in next FW's unblocked.
    Maybe it was for test purposes only. Like Peto said - it's hard to implement such interactions in other Midi devices.
    But Peto shows that it is possible to map this sequences of NRPN commands to CC commands.

• @Michael_dk - The text below is from this link: Remote details and price announced!

Laimon: i'm not burkhard but i might be able to sheet some additional light on that: the looper is highly interactive and Remote is required for the feedback you need to operate it. buttons with multiple meanings and states (depending on the actual situation) require the multi LEDs and the display of Remote. without all the visual aid, you don't even know if you're in record or playback. we want to focus on making our looper great fun and that's why it turned out that Remote is requirement. other boards are not supported.best, gs

Thanks for digging that up! :)

What is clear from this: It does NOT say that the looper won't work with midi etc etc. It says that the remote is required for the visual feedback in order to be able to use it properly. That is an entirely different matter. I personally can certainly understand a company's decision to not say "hey, here's a looper in the KPA, which you can control with midi.You just don't know where you're at when using it. Good luck with that!". Half-implemented solutions are going to reflect badly on any product.

There is NOTHING in here that makes them liars.

My speculation based on the text above is that the midi functionality was indeed part of the initial testing etc, and they decided that it just didn't work in a real-life situation with midi if they wanted to implement the features they wanted it to have - and thus they abandoned that route and went for the remote exclusively.

They could still leave the midi functionality there, unadvertised. That decision, of course, is within their purview. Let's see what happens.

• This is what Looper's suggested use is described in manual:

The Looper is a device for recording up to 60 seconds of stereo audio. It allows for an unlimited number of overdubs. That means, you can stack recordings on top of each other without a limitation. The Looper is only available using the Profiler Remote, as it relies heavily on its foot buttons and LEDs. You can use it:

• just for fun, to play along with it,
    • to check your skills by listening to your own recording,
    • to evaluate and edit rigs, while the Looper plays guitar for you,
    • to let the Looper play guitar while you do the A/B comparison after profiling an amp.

The Looper is an entity that's totally independent of the rest of the Profiler’s sound engine. Thus you can change Rigs and parameters to your liking, while the Looper continues its playback. The audio content of the Looper cannot be stored to permanent memory; it will be lost, when you power down the Profiler. If you are familiar with other looper devices, you will instantly be able to handle it. However, there are some powerful features available that go beyond the standard looper functionality.

When I have read it I was left with feeling, that it would be great to be able to have it just for the purpose of the last two: (to evaluate and edit rigs, while the Looper plays guitar for you,
    & to let the Looper play guitar while you do the A/B comparison after profiling an amp) This would probably make life easier to many of us. It looks like the looper in the simple form would have use even for KPA users who are not interested in creative-use of this tool. So I am still left with question in my head, why Kemper team decided not to make simple looper accessible for all users, when they know it would make better experience from KPA alone? Mixed feelings. :(

After reading the Looper section in manual I have to say that to me it's now even more evident, that the looper would bring benefit for non-Remote users as well, as it can make use of KPA easier. Only the function to record a riff and then tweak the sound to liking would be killer! We all know that tweaking while playing is not the best option (our brain is partly occupied with playing, so we are not able to focus on tweaking 100%).

Edited once, last by Peto ().

• Very good points, Peto.

• I'm a big fan of Kemper Amplifiers and while I don't see anything wrong with the strategy to make the looper Remote-exclusive -- everyone keeps saying it was never cited as a standalone feature, at least -- I do think that crippling functionality is not the way to go.

Crippling functionality? Before it's pointed out that these are not features advertised for the product, I'll agree and just say that in light of events of this thread, these features were already given to us, many many firmwares ago. We just didn't have the know-how to access them.

Now that we have the know-how, taking it away from us would be a very hard pill to swallow. Sure, it's a Kemper pill, from a company that makes good stuff. But selling a product and repeat sales is often a battle for hearts and minds.

The goodwill that Kemper will generate from granting access to this "unfinished" looper would also be unlimited. It's there, so keep it please! ^^

• Some people just want a free ride as usual. You always get someone who has to deconstruct because he can and then, give it all away to the people for free.
    Thieving twats who can't be bothered to save up and buy the DEDICATED Remote.

Don't you think Kemper are already doing enough with all the requests they keep getting and firmware updates adding FREE functionality for it's users!

Big slap in the face for the dedicated users who have already pre purchased the Remote if you ask me!

Geezer.

• Thieving twats?

Bit harsh, dont you think.
    If you buy a product you can do what you wish with it.
    Even the U.S. law backs this.

How about a company give you a list of what you can and cant do with a product.
    Like that?
    Or would you pick and choose?

• I had to reread this post two times.
    And I still don't believe what I've just read. :(

• Who is slapping you in the face?
    This makes no sense.

Those who cant be bothered to save up?
    Many just dont find the price to value ratio good for them. Like me.

I personally have a looper and dont need this. But I do find it interesting and I back them up a 100%.
    I was on the early bird but found it was just not worth the money to me. I for one could buy a stock of these but they simply are not worth it to me.
    Maybe your slap in the face is the price you paid for it......maybe?