Remote cable length

• I prepared a Cat-5 cable with length of exactly 10meters with the Neutrik-plug and connected it to the Remote. All functions are there but the diode-lights are not as bright as with the original cable. It also seems that the not active diodes are also slightly glimming.

• I prepared a Cat-5 cable with length of exactly 10meters with the Neutrik-plug and connected it to the Remote. All functions are there but the diode-lights are not as bright as with the original cable. It also seems that the not active diodes are also slightly glimming.

cable qualities vary a lot and therefore more or less current arrives at Remote. here's a quote from the (reference) manual:

Cabling
    The Profiler and Profiler Remote communicate with each other via an ethernet cable. The cable included in the Profiler Remote package with its Neutrik® etherCON® cable connector carrier has been carefully selected, and is perfectly suited for this purpose. If you decide to use any 3rd party cable, please make sure it meets our quality standards. Cables in excess of 10m (30ft) might require a Power over Internet Injector (PoE Injector). This way, distances of more than 100m (300ft) can be bridged.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• But in the documentation is no quality requirement made, so it looks like each Cat-5-type should fit. The Neutrik connector is just only for connecting to the remote (btw: I used the connector). Can you give us the quality-requirements ? or the opportunity to reorder the cable (I need two additionals). Thanx in advance.
    Really great Pedal, solid as a rock.

• but the plugs of cat6 don't fit to the slot !!!

CAT5/CAT6 can both (and usually do) operate with RJ45. If the power is not enough through your cable, you have three options:

• use the one that came with your remote
    • consider a PoE injector
    • find another cable that might work
  • CAT5/CAT6 can both (and usually do) operate with RJ45. If the power is not enough through your cable, you have three options:

• use the one that came with your remote
    • consider a PoE injector
    • find another cable that might work

I already made a spare cable by buying a normal Cat5 cable of my preferred length and a neutrik connector like this one (http://www.thomann.de/de/neutrik_ne_8_mc.htm) that you simply plug over one end of the cable.
    It was never that easy to have good quality spare cables. in case one cable breaks you can use the connector to retrofit the next one.

• Yes, that's what I also did. I used a 10 meter Cat-5 cable - high grade (as our IT-department declared) fizzeled off the plastic housing of one of the plugs and installed the neutrik plug (was a bit hairy).
    Mechanically it's exactly like the Kemper-cable, so it's ok, but maybe due to the length or the wire's diameter the diode-lights are dimmed (on a daylight-stage it really will be a problem).
    I now ordered a 5 meter Cat-5-cable at Thomann's then will do the same and see if it's the length or the cable-type.
    We gonna see........ :whistling:

• This is the one I bought recently because all the cables in my pedalboard snake are 25'. I hope it works as well as the stock one because 21' isn't long enough to stick out both ends of my snake sheath.

http://www.directproaudio.com/…-rj45-ethercon-25-ft/</a>

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

• I went with a ProCo cable because the remote manual said it had to meet their quality standards so I got the best quality one I could find.

(PEDALBOARD): Kemper Stage, Shure GLXD-16 wireless, JHS A/B Switch, SoloDallas Storm, Keeley Halo, Mission Engineering EP-1 KP, Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, Pedaltrain-3 board

• Tried out the 5 m Thomann-cables. They seem to let more current pass than the 10m "highgrade"-IT-cable. Same Performance as with the stock 7m-Kemper-cable. I installed the Neutrik-Plug, so now for me it's a good spare-part.

• This is the one I bought recently because all the cables in my pedalboard snake are 25'. I hope it works as well as the stock one because 21' isn't long enough to stick out both ends of my snake sheath.

dr - how did this cable work for you? I just ordered 2 (broke the plastic lock clip on the original) and the ones without the neutrik don't make consistent contact and keep powering on and off, at least the 2 I've tried from different electronics stores have.

Gary ô¿ô

• dr - how did this cable work for you? I just ordered 2 (broke the plastic lock clip on the original) and the ones without the neutrik don't make consistent contact and keep powering on and off, at least the 2 I've tried from different electronics stores have.

prsgary, the cable works great! I use it to gig out 2-4 times a month and it works flawless. I keep the one that came with my remote at home for studio use.

• but the plugs of cat6 don't fit to the slot !!! :thumbdown:

my Cat6 fitted perfectly into the slot :thumbup: but has RJ45 connectors
    Isn't cat6 the cable-grade and RJ45 the connector type ?
    The "Kemper' plug is a Neutrik NE8MC and easy to fit on a standard cable.

Edited 4 times, last by Dorrus ().