OK Testing FW 3.0! [How Kemper works? All amps sound similar]?

• This I can do. Will get on it tonight and try to come to some inferences.

Every day I look at your producer pack and think I should pull the trigger. But in the middle of an exciting work related development, so I'm very stretched for cash. You will have my money some day, promised myself that. ^^

Yesterday, I changed the tuning on my guitar from B to D# and your profiles have never sounded so good to me. Feel like the low tuning was getting muffled on my speakers, just didn't have the aggressive character and wide open sound of the higher tuning. Just so difficult to imagine with the kinds of profiles you're doing that there could be something lacking, I love the sound and the response. But I guess I don't miss what I haven't heard and since you have the amp and the ears, you're the expert and the man!

• So a test of the impact of amplifier and cabinet switches on the Kemper profiler using stock profiles. Clip 1 is the reference clip using Peavey 6505 + Mesa 2x12V30 by Sinmix

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The next four clips are the same amp with the cabinet switched to:
    2 Mark IIC+ - Djemass

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

3 Marshall 1960 Vintage - r.u.sirius

4 MeBo Rect - Lasse Lammert

5 Till's Recto Modern 3 - Till Schleischer

And the last four are the Mesa 2x12V30 cabinet with the amplifier switched. based on the same profiles where the cabs were sourced, namely:
    6 Boogie MarkIIC+ JP

7 Ironman Iommi

8 German Grease

9 Till's Recto Modern 3

I tried to do a mix of rhythm with some lead guitar to showcase how the sound gets effected. What do you think? A big difference to sound with amp switches, or when the cabinet is replaced? Both?

In my opinion, there are definite differences in all the clips. But is there any specific character to the distortions? I'm attributing the similarities to the guitar used and the fact that it's all reamped, which I believe will have an effect on how a profile sounds, specifically because I would adjust the way I play on one amp from how I'd play another, due to the way these things respond.

But you guys need to hear the clips and provide your feedback, because my ears are fried ^^

• did a quick test today

KPA ( with the last FW ) -> Bad Cat Unleash power amp ( FX return ) -> real cab with 1 Greenback

played a few random profiles created with various FW , and basiclly , they sounded / reacted the same way , some darker other brighter.

btw , the KPA still sounds amazing when used in the "right" way. (studio monitors , headphones etc. ) :thumbup:

• i still disagree with almost everything here

the KPA with new made profiles with a 100% clean poweramp sounds like the real amp does, not only in EQ...also in gainstructure

"different amps sound almost the same on real cab" yes - but with real amps - the same as with KPA, close, very close..but not the same and still different gain

cab and micing is extrem important..and yes 95%....but not only for the KPA...also for the Real amp.

• I'm obviously super late to this conversation, but here's my 2 cents.
    I've had my Kemper for 3 years now, I've tried a LOT of different profiles from a lot of different amps, and my take on it is that the more gain that is involved, the more that the individual character of an amp is smeared into something generic to all the high gain profiles. With cleans and low gain profiles, unique amp character is more audible imo. With high gain, I would say that the Kemper is not able to accurately capture the nuances of an amp's distortion characteristics. All high gain amps tend to have the same distortion with Kemper profiles. The EQ changes, but the distortion itself stays the same.
    I think I noticed this the first time I tried to profile an amp with a Boss HM2 in front of it. The HM2 has a VERY distinctive distortion sound, and the Kemper absolutely fails to recreate it every time. It does a pretty good job of tone matching it with equalization, but the distortion characteristics are not even close to the source.
    Kemper themselves, in the manual, state plainly that certain distortion pedals are not able to be accurately profiled. I take that as an open admission that the Kemper is limited to a certain gain structure...

• probably did not understand - we are talking about two different things (probably my shitty English) :D

1. how do you feel playing with Kemper and Real cab - sound like real Amp - IMO 95% Yes :D
    2. how do you feel when you compare Real amp to Kemper Profile - sound like real Amp? IMO NO! :D 80% - but 70% of those 80 - it's a good job the cab profile :D IMO. Becouse built in Ampsim can not simulate the nuances of a particular sound (BOSS HM-2). Kemper based on what we know now and how important is the good CAB IR - designed this device. Finally we Have almost perfect CAB IR maker + Not Perfect Ampsim (like many others). IMO

But still great Gear :thumbup:<3

when I mention that Kemper does not sound like a real amp - I mean, point 2 :thumbup: that's all.

Stay Metal!

• I don't know man, they all suck pretty bad :) (but that's the playing)... Where did you get that DI? Was that from the MW free pack thread?

Anyway, I liked E the best, I think.

otherwise, Becouse all my 5 samples are RAW sound only delay + reverb added in DAW please reamp it on your favorite profile and show what do you like? no eq,delay,reverb, - just "pure" amp profile sound ok? can you do this for me?

http://www.brickwall.pl/michael/ - DI ADDED :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

• otherwise, Becouse all my 5 samples are RAW sound only delay + reverb added in DAW please reamp it on your favorite profile and show what do you like? no eq,delay,reverb, - just "pure" amp profile sound ok? can you do this for me?

http://www.brickwall.pl/michael/ - DI ADDED :thumbup:

Stay Metal!

I said they all sucked cause the playing was bad, not due to the tone :) sorry if that didn't come across clearly :)

• yes - all sound different (sorry :D )

my first thought was - just different mics, so i wonder even more about same cab/mic position

Clean profiles are more about feeling/dynamic. i can check 100 Clean profiles..i will maybe like 5 even when the rest also does not sound bad