Is it possible to have a dedicated button as solo level/boost?

• I am used to sololevel/volume boost on my tube amps that i have used for 15 years. Is it possible to dedicate one spesific button on the Remote to make a sololevel (volum jump)? i dint like tu use volumpedal, because its so difficult to hit the rythum volume. and i like to ALWAYS be heard and cut trough the mix on my solos.
    For now i have made A&B presets on my FCB.
    I can see there is two lights above the buttuns 1-5. is it possible to have A-B presets on one button? or is it on pf with stomps? i hav not quite understood how it works and in what ways it can be programmed! Anyone hwo hav used it for a while and can make reviews of it?
    The size of the remote is much better than the FCB, and i dont use volumpedal or much expression pedal. I may need to have an external expression pedal for wha and stuff

• you can put the pure boost in a slot (post amp) and lock it there so it will be present in all your rigs. OR..you can use a volume pedal and set the heelposition to be your rythmvolume and the toe-position to be your solovolume..this way you'll free-up an fx-slot

• I am used to sololevel/volume boost on my tube amps that i have used for 15 years. Is it possible to dedicate one spesific button on the Remote to make a sololevel (volum jump)? i dint like tu use volumpedal, because its so difficult to hit the rythum volume. and i like to ALWAYS be heard and cut trough the mix on my solos.
    For now i have made A&B presets on my FCB.
    I can see there is two lights above the buttuns 1-5. is it possible to have A-B presets on one button? or is it on pf with stomps? i hav not quite understood how it works and in what ways it can be programmed! Anyone hwo hav used it for a while and can make reviews of it?
    The size of the remote is much better than the FCB, and i dont use volumpedal or much expression pedal. I may need to have an external expression pedal for wha and stuff

You can set the pure boost to toggle on with one of the I-IV footswitches. No sweat.

• you can put the pure boost in a slot (post amp) and lock it there so it will be present in all your rigs. OR..you can use a volume pedal and set the heelposition to be your rythmvolume and the toe-position to be your solovolume..this way you'll free-up an fx-slot

No that is not what i am asking for. I want a solo level dedicated to one button.. and no volumepedal.. pure boost is fine for strengthening the signal and make more meat to the tone, but i want to raise the amp volume level with one button. not quite the same..

• I get what you're saying I think, like on the FCB how you could send say 120 on the volume CC with a button press and then on the second press send 100 on the same CC?

• pure boost is fine for strengthening the signal and make more meat to the tone, but i want to raise the amp volume level with one button. not quite the same

This is true if you put the Pure Boost PRE stack. Post stack it will only increase your volume without affecting the tone. Put the Pure Boost in X-slot and you have a switchable solo-volume.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• This is true if you put the Pure Boost PRE stack. Post stack it will only increase your volume without affecting the tone. Put the Pure Boost in X-slot and you have a switchable solo-volume.[/quote]

Yes that will be more the solution. i already have my effect loop in the X-slott

• Luntho already wrote above that you can put the Pure Booster "post amp" (which is the same like post stack), so the solution was already there... :)
    BTW: If the X-slot is occupied, you can also use the Mod-slot.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• While it is true you can use a boost post stack to achieve the same it's still a waste of a slot for a basic function IMO.
    Why not enabling a boost of n dB when hitting the rig switch (the one that is already selected) in the bottom row a second time, like a boost toggle?
    THAT would be extremely elegant.

• While it is true you can use a boost post stack to achieve the same it's still a waste of a slot for a basic function IMO.
    Why not enabling a boost of n dB when hitting the rig switch (the one that is already selected) in the bottom row a second time, like a boost toggle?

That was exactly i was thinking about .. i can see two lights for each switch.. wonder how it works and how it can be programmed.. because no i have simply made A-B presets, but then i can have only two rigs for each bank.. its not a problem, but i mostly use a 3 channel amp live.. clean, crunch and highgain... if i had a soloswitch db boost it have bin less switching with banks.. volumepedal is not an option for me.. i hate it.. I may try to connect my Skrydstrup BR1..one of the finest bosterpedals around..I used it for a Mesa Mini Rectifier..

Hi Ingolf great and simple, when it works, it's very cool, Thanks !
    It is a Option for the FCB1010 too ?
    Micha

• Ingolf's solution would be great, but would involve making changes on the Kemper end of things to allow boost to be slot-independent, or even to send a CC message that is different from the normal use of the lower footswitches, which I assume would be reserved for rig changes within a performance or in browser mode.

But it is a good way to look at volume levels independent of a footswitch. If you can send enough CCs, you could programme your footboard in a way that when you step on a footswitch, it sends a volume CC#, perhaps 90-100 for rhythm. Then for boosted patches, hit another footswitch that sends a volume CC# of 127 or whatever you feel ike boosting. You could have this volume CC even mapped to an FX footswitch, so when you call up wah, CC# is sent to volume and you're boosted.

This way, you could avoid using a slot up for boost.

Great idea.
    The main drawback to that would be having to stomp on a different button for boost each time. I sing, and hitting the exact same button each time is a plus.
    I try to keep the tap dancing to a minimum. (I'm more of a ballet guy, myself :D)

• The main drawback to that would be having to stomp on a different button for boost each time. I sing, and hitting the exact same button each time is a plus.

Most MIDI controllers can do a toggle on successive presses. IOW, on first press, send a one set of CC, and another set on the next press.

But this would require a non-Kemper MIDI controller, which means you'd loose the looper functionality of the Remote. Can't have both ATM.

• Most MIDI controllers can do a toggle on successive presses. IOW, on first press, send a one set of CC, and another set on the next press.

But this would require a non-Kemper MIDI controller, which means you'd loose the looper functionality of the Remote. Can't have both ATM.

I am not going to use the looper anyway, so those buttons can be assigned to solovolume for my purpose

• I am not going to use the looper anyway, so those buttons can be assigned to solovolume for my purpose

Great idea. I have no use for the looper either. Are you going to assign the looper button to the pure boost post amp or can you assign rig volume values to it?

• I am not going to use the looper anyway, so those buttons can be assigned to solovolume for my purpose[/quote]
    Great idea. I have no use for the looper either. Are you going to assign the looper button to the pure boost post amp or can you assign rig volume values to it?[/quote]

Rig volume would be absolutely best for me :)
    I have not ordered the Remote yet, but i am thinking of buying it when the rush is settled.. and maby after some time with user experience and maby uppdates.. I have to make sure it will be better than the FCB and maby can give me some more logical features.
    As per now the FCB works exelent in live gigs for me.