User reviews of the Kemper Remote

• Back when they first showed pictures of the remote, In another early thread I questioned the trim pot and its vulnerability when transporting.
    An access hole or a flat round flush knob would have made more sense.

They thought to to protect the screen but not the knob sticking out the back.
    Part of the reason for its small size was portability. There are other things to consider when making something portable.

• They are only available directly from Kemper. On the main Kemper site, look at the "Store" page for the price in your country.

Im in the UK and had a look on the store of the Kemper website just the other day; no remote whatsoever :/

Going to be purchasing mine from Thomann anyway (as a package with the powered rack) but was just wondering about the price on its own.

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Yep it has a whammy effect how good it is compared to the digitech I wouldn't know as I've not used a whammy before

Ok that's good, thanks!

I imagine I would be able to plug in my Mission TC-EP1 to the Kemoer remote to control the whammy then...

can anyone chime in whether or not the whammy is good and if it can replicate the Digitech functions such as (4th up/5th down) or (harmony of 10s.t. Up)

cheers

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• The whammy in the KPA sounds good, maybe too good if you're used to the Digitech (which has more artefacts - some find them pleasing). You can manually set the range in the KPA, and as a harmoniser, the Profiler doesn't have an equal as far as my experience goes.

Cheers,
    Sam

• For me, the program changes seem much, MUCH, faster than with any other midi controller I've used. It must be because of the "Network" connection that the Remote uses as opposed to using Midi. Kinda like how the internal Synth sounds on a Roland GR system seem to track faster than connecting to an external sound source via Midi.

Before the Remote was available, I had heard that Performance mode switched faster, ( personally, I didn't use performance mode), but I'm finding both performance AND browse mode are switching faster with
    Kemper Remote. I couldn't be more happy.

I'm keeping my Liquid Foot 12+ to use with my Fishman Triple Play, and other Synths, as the limited Midi functionality of the Remote is prohibitive.

99.9 % of Kemper users will find the Remotes external MIDI capabilities sufficient, but I am the .1 % that needs a bit more, but I'm not complaining. I'm just not easily satisfied. The Remote offers way more than I
    anticipated, and was well worth the wait.

• I am still trying to understand if the Kemper Remote is better than the LF+ or Mastermind GT. Forget price for the moment. It seems the LCD for each button with text on it and just more buttons for control would make the Kemper remote less attractive.

Is it effect tails that make it desired? I just have an FC-300 right now, and I dont really like it at all with my Kemper. So, if price doesnt matter to me, and I dont mind programming my midi stuff, to the extend i need to. What other reasons would you guys steer me toward the KPR Remote? A phantom power box with just two midi cables going from my rack to the foot controller, seems not to be an issue to justify to me either.

• The Kemper is cheaper than the Liquid Foot, I bought mine in January for $900.00, Kemper is only $600.00
    If I didn't need extensive midi control, ( I send PC changes on 6 channels just for my
    Blowfeld Synth), I would sell the Liquid Foot, and the Kemper would suffice changing my Amp, Stomps just fine.

The icing on the cake is the faster Rig changes using the Kemper Remote.

• Thank Merman9393. So, it is just faster rig changes? Not something the KPR remote has that the Liquid Foot doesnt?
    I actually have my eye more on the RJM Mastermind 16 or 22. I control a vocal processor via midi as well, so I would rather not have two controllers. If there is some good reason, other than price, then I would get the KPR Remote. If not, I am inclined to get something more universal...even if it costs a lot more. I really want to have the best, most versatile tool for the job.

• Well,.. The Kemper Remote does have the looper functionality, (Personnally I doubt I will use it), but no other Generic Midi remote can control/operate the Looper function. Kemper Remote is also a No-Brainer to program, which may not be a deciding factor for the Technically Savvy, but a godsend for us "older guitarists" who already prefer the ease of setting up useful tones in the Kemper Profiler , to the much more difficult Axe FX.

I tried the Mastermind,( actually have a few RJM accessories in my rig still) , as well as GigRig, and
    GroundControl Pro. For the absolute most extensive MIDI Foot Controller, the Liquid Foot + systems, the 12+, or Pro+ are the ultimate, and the LF Mac Editor makes programming easier than those other ones. They
    are releasing a new line soon, so there may be discounts on the horizon.

The Kemper Remote does have the capability to control 2 other midi devices, using Performance mode.

• Quick review after last night's play through :

Very solid construction, nice switches, bright, easily readable display. Looper is a gimmick that I'll probably use live twice, haha! Still, fun for noodling and tweaking rigs. Slight bugs with FW 3.0, but I'm sure they'll be fixed with next update (looping recording is affected by rig change, got a DSP error by going from Performance to Browse mode, had the Remote switch off and reboot twice, maybe due to a slight waggling of the expression input cable during over-zealous wahing). Effect assigning is genius. Love being able to choose which effects to have assigned to which switches, coming from a Uno4Kempered FCB. Eg. I set up a performance where all slots had a 'solo' setting on IV, containing a treble boost, a compressor and engaging of delay and reverb. If I want, I can leave the other switches unassigned, meaning less chance I'll engage/disengage something by accident with my clod-hoppers live. Excellent. Love the visual feedback for everything, too. So easy to see what's what.

Before trying it, I was beginning to think it wasn't an essential purchase. It is.

Cheers,
    Sam

• Thanks again, merman9393 for your thoughts. I am looking at the LF+ Pro too. I want a controller there I can have the 4 stomps and 4 effects always available without layering, as well as, the tuner and Tap Delay. I have little interest in looping. I also want to be able to control other Midi devices. Sometimes I play a Godin Midi guitar, and would love to be able to manage that with the same controller. So, maybe i will just get the KPR Remote and one of the higher end devices and use the one that is best for the application I am presented with. It seems you have done that as well, and are not able to live with just the KPR Remote in your rig. So, maybe it's not an either/or so much as a both/and.

• Thanks again, merman9393 for your thoughts. I am looking at the LF+ Pro too. I want a controller there I can have the 4 stomps and 4 effects always available without layering, as well as, the tuner and Tap Delay. I have little interest in looping. I also want to be able to control other Midi devices. Sometimes I play a Godin Midi guitar, and would love to be able to manage that with the same controller. So, maybe i will just get the KPR Remote and one of the higher end devices and use the one that is best for the application I am presented with. It seems you have done that as well, and are not able to live with just the KPR Remote in your rig. So, maybe it's not an either/or so much as a both/and.

Well, it also depends on how much Kemper update the functionality in the Remote, midi-wise. I get the feeling that there are some ambitions and functions that they weren't able to implement yet. For example, the pedals/switches connected to the Remote aren't as customisable as those attached to Ports 1 and 2 in the KPA itself (you can only select expressions, for them to work as Wah, Volume, Pitch and whatnot, not as switches, and you can't currently select logarithmic expression curves. Plus, controlling other parameters like delay time or feedback isn't available as yet). I expect the next FW to expand on these things and for following FWs to grow support for other external midi control, too.

Cheers,
    Sam