Looper Bug ?! SOLVED

• I've definitely switched between rigs that have different cabs, but not turned cabs on/off. In fact, that's not something I would have considered doing while looping ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• from manual:

Location “Post”
    The Looper is placed right after the last effect - the Reverb Module. It records the fully processed stereo signal. When you change Rigs during the playback of the loop, then the playback sound will not change! This allows you to play along, or even overdub, with an unlimited number of different Rigs.

• When I try to put the looper in 1/2 time, I press the halftime switch and the light comes on but doesn't stay on when I take my foot off the switch. Then if I press the button while pressing record, or press record first, it will engage but I have to stop and clear any slight recording, then start again with halftime now engaged. This must be a bug? Shouldn't halftime mode engage as soon as you press the half switch?

FW 3.0

Edited once, last by djazz ().

• from manual:

Tested the bug yesterday under OS3.0.2
    In both modes (Browser- and also Performance-Mode) and also independent of the looper-position ( "pre" or "post") the recorded loop changes it's sound to the current chosen rig (or performance-slot). It is not possible to record an overdub in a different sound, the recorded loop-sound always changes simultaneously.

Who of us is wrong :?:

• Concerning the 1/2 function, sometimes, when i engage the 1/2 speed, speed is 2x faster and not 2 fast slower... Strange !
    have you already had this issue ?

This is not a bug. If you start recording with the 1/2 speed engaged when you press again the button it double the speed. It's normal :)

• Tested the bug yesterday under OS3.0.2
    In both modes (Browser- and also Performance-Mode) and also independent of the looper-position ( "pre" or "post") the recorded loop changes it's sound to the current chosen rig (or performance-slot). It is not possible to record an overdub in a different sound, the recorded loop-sound always changes simultaneously.

Who of us is wrong :?:

I've only pasted from manual how the looper should work. I have the same issue like you:) (read my previous posts in this thread)

• I've only pasted from manual how the looper should work. I have the same issue like you:) (read my previous posts in this thread)

@ KEMPER-Team: Is there any information concerning this bug, now ? Will the problem be solved? Currently the looper is useless for me.

• Has there been a resolution to this? I have the same problem. Just downloaded the newest beta, and still post looper playback sound is changed with patch change. As mentioned, makes the loop feature pretty much useless for me, not to mention frustrating.

• I did a global reset last night, and so far, it is working as intended. It has worked temporarily in the past. It used to worked right after a FW update, but would not work after the next reboot. So far, I've rebooted several times and it still works after the reset.

• Well, after a few days the problem has reoccured. but what I am findong is that it is not that the looped phrase is changing to the new patch. it is changing to an entirely different sound. It's like a bunch of phased distortion is added to the recorded phrase when I switch to a different patch, even if the patch I choose is clean. I went ahead and started a support ticket.

• After installation of OS 3.1.2 the looper is positioned "pre" (seems that this is default). After positioning to "post" now the bug doesn't persist any more. For me the problem seems solved ! :thumbup:

• Yes, it usually works for a short while after an OS update. If it's working improperly, a system initialization has fixed it as well, but after a few reboots, the issue crops up. I always check the "pre/post" setting first. I have a support ticket open, and will send a short video to tech to illustrate the problem.

• This is still an issue for me with 3.2, but I found out that it isn't the whole rig that changes....it's the cabinet. If I lock the cabinet, and turn it off, changing the rigs doesn't effect the sound. If I unlock it, it does do change the sound, but not the amp parameters....in other words, if I loop a clean sound, and switch to a distorted sound, the loop is still clean, but the tone changes due to the cabinet effecting the sound.

But what's really weird is that if I have the cabinet to monitor switch off, the cabinet being on still effects the sound...but even worse...like it's actually putting multiple cabinet EQs on the loop, making it sound very trebly and synthetic. That is what really makes the looper's sound change so much.

So maybe if you are using main outs to FRFR speakers, you may not notice it. But using the monitor outs to a guitar cabinet w/ the cabinet to monitor off, it really screws up the loop sound when you change patches if the CAB section is turned on....

Solution for me....because I am using a guitar cab....lock CAB section and keep it off.

• Yes, I noticed this issue aswell.
    It seems to be related to the Cab Off feature for the monitor out only, because on my IEMs everything sounds as it should.
    I was thinking that this is probably trade by design due to the way the Cab Driver algorithm handles its duties.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone from Kemper could shed a little light on this subject.

• No, i have recorded a riff then i could replay with 1/2 speed. but sometimes when i trigger the function the speed is x2 so i have a very high tone riff...

Depends, if 1/2 Speed is activated during recording or not.
    If it isn't, 1/2 Speed is causing half speed during playback.
    If it is, 1/2 Speed is causing double speed during playback (recording has been performed with half speed, now switching back to normal speed).

Check out Reference Manual page 124.