Direct Profiing (w) 3.0.10856 ..... the " FANTASTIC PART " .... and the " FAULTY D.I's " ......

• EDITED BY ME TO BE LESS DRAMATIC AND MORE FACTUAL :) LOOKS LIKE I HAVE A FAULTY DI .... WILL REPLACE AND REPORT BACK !!

Hi all

The FANTASTIC PART

FW 3.0 Direct / Merged profiles from other people ie: DeadLightStudios [ MB Stiletto ] and Michael Brits [ OTS Clean ] and Thumas [ MK3 Boogie ] ..... sound AMAZING !!!!! ... the only way to describe them is that they are REAL amps in a digital box.

SOME ISSUES LIKELY AT MY END

My only attempts so far at Direct Profiling have been with 2.8 Beta -and- 3.0 .... I never did any kind of profiling with 2.7.4

I am Direct profiling my DC30 Clone [ Ceriatone ] ie: Post-Power-Amp-Pre-Speaker

I am using an ArtZDirect and the pads are both on = -40db and all my Kemper and Reference levels and LED's are all well in the GREEN zone.

I set everything up, all good ...... and so far, with both 2.8 and 3.8 the resulting Direct profiles are somehat fizzy / fuzzy ...

This was/is identical with both 2.8 and 3.0 - I never used 2.7.4 for anything.

Now as I see it, there are only 2 possibilities

( 1 ) I am an idiot [ not the first time :) ] and have no idea what I am doing even though I have followed the steps word for word

or

( 2 ) My ArtZDirect is faulty - not even sure how I could test it :( but it is brand new out of its blister-packaging

Any help / advice / suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

My DZ30 DC30 clone is an amazingly great sounding amp and I am keen to Direct profile it .....

Ben

Edited 9 times, last by benifin ().

• How are you monitoring?

Cheers,
    Sam

• After you've made the Direct Amp Profile what are you playing it through, are you adding a Cab and playing through Studio monitors/headphones or a poweramp into a real guitar cabinet?

• Maybe you can try a completely clean sound. If there is some kind of distortion i would say that your DI is faulty or connected the wrong way (somehow)...
    If it is possible, also try another amp. Even a simple solid state one should help in this case.

• Well there should be no difference with Cabs on then anyway. Strange that it's still fizzy through your real cab, though. What guitar cab/speakers are you using?

Cheers,
    Sam

Am using my KPA + my Matrix SS amp + my real 2 x 12 Celestion G12T-75 Box.

Guitar is a PRS Semi Hollow with a P90 in the Bridge.

Signal is:-

- No mic's being used at al - its all only direct
    - Guitar to KPA front Input
    - KPA " Direct Out / Send " to AMP-GUITAR-INPUT
    - AMP Speaker-out to ArtZDirect DI " Input "
    - ArtZDiect " Canon-Out " to Kemper 1/4" Return [ -40db set on the DI ]
    - ArtZDirect " Input Through " to my Real Speaker Cab
    - All Levels [ Inputs, Returns etc..... ] set to very low .... as in way-under any form of clipping ie: pure green LED's etc......

Unless I'm doing something wrong above, I'm starting to wonder if its my DI ??? :(

Ben

Edited 2 times, last by benifin ().

• I am going from the ArtZDirect 3 Pin Canon to the KPA 1/4 return with a " Canon - to - 1/4" mono - plug " .

I will try tomorrow again, with a " DI - Canon - OUT -to- KPA - Canon - IN " and report back

Ben

Edited 3 times, last by benifin ().

• Hmmmm ...... just opened up my Art DI ....... and got my trusty mutlmeter out .....looks like one of the -20db pads is not functioning at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will take it back to the store and exchange it and report back ........I really wasnt expecting a faulty DI :(