Best clean profiles with sustain

• I'm pretty new to the Kemper (a week+) and really enjoying using it in my studio but I've got a question. I wonder if there are any favorite clean profiles for leads I'm missing?

I tend to punctuate my playing with chords and intervals when soloing and I don't like much grit or hair on my sound because it makes the chords sound muddy. I use a Swart AST on my blues gigs and it works perfectly for me on blues and old Blue Note style jazz. I have profiled it and it sounds pretty cool but I was wondering if people have favorites I'm missing.

Right now I have some clean Matchless profiles from The Amp Factory I love and the 59 Twin and Harvard Fender from Top Jimi that are great for blues and a couple KT 45 profiles I got off the exchange that are quite nice.

I'm looking for profiles clean enough for complex chords yet warm with a little sustain. There are lots of squeeky clean high endy profiles around that are good for some things but warm and sustainy (yet still pretty clean) seems a tougher bill to fill. What are you guys using?

Andy B

• You should be to increase the sustain on any of the clean profile by adding a compressor to the chain, you may need to add a noise gate as well but I usually find the compressor is fine if the KPA main noise gate is set correctly.

• I'll try it! Thanks for the tip, Ingolf.

Telelogic... got the Dpack which, indeed has some cool sounds and I'll have to go back over it but in general Michael's profiles are a little dark for me. His mildest Dumble ODS profile is to die for, however. Really killer profile that I've used a lot.

Take a profile with the desired cleanness and dial in the amp compressor to about 3-4.

• Thanks! The Bassman sounds intriguing..heard the sample on your site. Very cool! Would love to try it out.

Andy B

I'm finishing up a fender pack to hopefully release next week. I'd be happy to let you try out one of the clean bassmans, or bandmaster if you'd like. There's also a clean music man profile that sounds nice and full to my ears as well. The pack will be available sometime next week at the latest.

• Thanks! The Bassman sounds intriguing..heard the sample on your site. Very cool! Would love to try it out.

Andy B

I'm finishing up a fender pack to hopefully release next week. I'd be happy to let you try out one of the clean bassmans, or bandmaster if you'd like. There's also a clean music man profile that sounds nice and full to my ears as well. The pack will be available sometime next week at the latest.

Cool...pm me your email and I'll shoot the profile over to you to try out.

• MBritt's dpack surely has got some top clean sounds. Also try Andy from TAF. Especially his Divided By 13 profiles offer some mellow breathtaking clean sounds. Last but not least there are M. Franzkowiak's profiles Rainheart clean and Rainheart crunch with gain rolled off. Since they are part of the factory pack they're offered for free. And than there is secret weapon no 1: Andy's rig "Little Tiny Feet" ('*65 Fender amp that is).

Have fun (easy wtith the kemper)

Joachim

• The Vibrolux from Soundside is one of my go to clean.
    also, AmpFactory Vibroverb and Vibroking are great.
    i like to slam it pretty hard with the compressor but blend the original at about %50
    also use the compression in the amp stack to taste

• Try out GRS FSR Nova 01 on rig exchange. it is Fender super reverb. Good for typickal strat sounds. Factory Rig Vox AC30 is also nice for som singing cleans. Its a lot of the clean profiles I have downloaded whi is dull on the bass strings and not twangy at all. I like sounds who are clean shimmering twangy and fat at the same time just as a real tube amp! :)

• Love the compressor on the clean and twang tones!!! :)

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• like Ingolf said, I also recommend the AMP section compressor for less obvious compression.

alternatively, you could try the Pure Boost.
    add a few dBs and dial in the ducking. now when the notes start to fade out, the boost will come in slowly and compensate.

• like Ingolf said, I also recommend the AMP section compressor for less obvious compression.

alternatively, you could try the Pure Boost.
    add a few dBs and dial in the ducking. now when the notes start to fade out, the boost will come in slowly and compensate.

Great tip!

Cheers,
    Sam