Merged profiles all "hot"

• Anyone else noticed that all the new merged profiles are very hot on the output? I'm using the latest 3.0.1 beta and while the input remains green the output frequently hits red with the default settings on the rigs.

• I had that with 3.0 - a system reset mostly fixed it for me - I think there was a rogue setting somewhere, having said that profile levels seem to vary a lot depending on who did them and I tweek the volume on my favourite profiles so they suit then overwrite.

Steve

• Per wrote that the merged profiles are all hot on the output.

I checked those from TAF and MBritt because I can compare these to lots of profiles I bought from Andy and Michael and because most of them are not "heavy on the gain". TAF profiles are recommended for SC (Strat, Tele, P90). MBritts profiles are recommended for SC/HB and thus have probably to be tweaked. They are absolutely hot.
    Some of them are volume lifted or volume dimmed with a little help from the ampsection's volume control. I am absolutely enthusiastic; couldn't stop playing. In my ears the I hold the following to be true

- the sounds seem to differ more between different amps with similar amount of gain
    - a bit of of "mud" seems to have vanished
    - all sit well in a mix
    - all like stomps
    - as far as Mbritt and TAF profiles are concerned you will find only very few high gain rigs.

It may be that some of the volume "lifted" rigs are unpleasant when played with a hight output guitar (i.e. lp). But I did not check ist till now.

I will check the other rigs in a few days.
    I really like to say a big thank you to Andy and Michael. Really hot stuff you delivered.
    :)<3:)<3:)

Joachim

• I have checked the other merged factory rigs 3.0. They had been provided by B. Dinnies and Deadlightstudio. Some of them are volume lifted/dimmed the same way as mentioned above. No problem there. I checked all profiles apart from the heavy gain stuff. They deliver great tone, much clarity, sit well in a mix and are absolutely mud-free.
    I then made a quick run through all the merged profiles with a lp guitar. They all take well to the higher output.
    I do recommend the profiles and thus quickly filled two performances with the 10 rigs I like best for live use.

Other players may find it different though but that's the way it always is.

Joachim

PS I am a very pleased KPA user but in no way affiliated with the kemper company or endorsing their products.

• Indeed Deadlight, neither did I get why the kemper co. made these changes. Since there is always headroom galore, I don't mind. The only blinking of leds with me happens with the master Output led and that can be cured easily.
    Thanks for the nice profiles. Honestly, to my ears they definitely sound better than the old stuff. But maybe it's just "new Kids on the block".

Joachim