Hello from Axe Land

• Howdy all! New Profiler Racker previously living in Axe Ultra land. Honestly i have good things to say about both products so no flames necessary. I, like many, pondered the the upgrade path to the newer XL+. As they no longer support the Ultra, I was "stuck" with the current amp models and effects. That's partially why I chose the Kemper. :thumbup:

I also went the Kemper due to the duality of my situation. I love tweaking and the Axe has that in spades but ultimately, in gigging situations, I'm really just adjusting EQ and minor changes to suit the venue. Not creating new profiles/rigs behind the bar! The knobs on the Kemper make this much quicker and easier than the submenus in the Axe. As such, I found a home for the Profiler rack for the road, and still continue to use the Ultra for the home studio. Of course, anything I program on the Ultra, I can bring on the road too so the Kemper is awesome+. Maybe someday I will consider using the Ultra for all the effects and drop it in the Kemper effects loop.

Now, my only gripe (which I've sent a ticket) but hoping the community can help, I cannot for the life of me get Rig Manager to work with the Kemper. Macbook Pro 10.9.1, 3.01 beta and 1.3.1 Rig Manager. I can obviously transfer rigs using a flash USB (and obviously updated to 3.0.1 beta) but for the life of me, nothing happens when I connect my Mac to the Kemper. I did a PRM and SMC reset and nada. Any insights? I saw some posts of it not working but saw some also just needed a reset. Not working for me!

Thanks in advance and look forward to being a happy Kemper!

Craig

• CRAIG!!

Welcome to the Kemper family!
    Good to have you here. There are a great bunch of folks here, someone should know the way past this issue.
    If not drop me a line tomorrow!

Lance- from WW

Spotify, iTunes, Bandcamp, etc... Lugosi Smile

• Welcome Craig!
    Sorry I can't help you with the Rig Manager problem, windows family with one ipad. Anyway, I'm sure someone will chime in soon. And no flames necessary both are good pieces of equipment in their own way, glad to have you on board!!

• Perhaps a dumb question, but is the USB cable OK?

I "assumed" it's fine but will try and get another cable tonight. You'd be amazed that no one sells a USB A to USB A cable anymore! [USB to micro/D-shaped/etc but not back to A]. Where's Radio Shack when you need them!?! I also assume I do not need a USB A to A file transfer cable. [the one with the hump in the middle with "preloaded file transfer" software]. Just your basic garden variety USB A to A cable.

Thanks everyone else for the warm welcome.

• Are you plugged into the correct USB port in the Kemper? Isn't it USB B? Kemper USB A port is for the thumb drive. Kemper USB B port is for connecting to computer.

Look like you have the Kemper rack. The USB B port is on the back side.

• I "assumed" it's fine but will try and get another cable tonight. You'd be amazed that no one sells a USB A to USB A cable anymore! [USB to micro/D-shaped/etc but not back to A]. Where's Radio Shack when you need them!?! I also assume I do not need a USB A to A file transfer cable. [the one with the hump in the middle with "preloaded file transfer" software]. Just your basic garden variety USB A to A cable.

Thanks everyone else for the warm welcome.

You need a USB A to B cable to plug into the back of the Kemper to use rig manager with it.
    Edit: I think you got 3 simultaneous answers!

• My Yosemite works flawlessly with Kemper last Rig Manager .
    Strange, I have a feeling RM works better with Yosemite than with Windows 7 on my lap top .
    I do not use USB stick any more ,except for OS update .
    Kemper should consider OS updating via Rig Manager though.

Welcome !

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Holy Crap. I forgot about the USB B on the BACK ... it's a RACK system so I've been connecting to the USB port in the front. It's already tucked and mounted inside my rack system so I didn't even think/remember there was one in the back.
    I know... RTFM new guy!!

Does the USB (A) in front not work with Rig Manager then? That's where I was using the USB flash drives and that was working primo so I assumed it would be a fine connection for my Mac. Will have to check both connections out tonight.

Thanks all!
    Rock awn! \m/

• Do not worry , I used to play via valve amp head/cab with cab off function not ticked off for a while ,until Forum helped me . =O
    Sound was terrible.

I spent max 10-20 minutes in total reading KPA manuals in the last 3 years.

Guitarists do not read manuals , that's nothing new.

Greatness of KPA is that one doesn't need to read Manual too much neither.

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited once, last by Rescator ().