Full Kemper in just a footpedal format

• For ease of carrying and setup, it would be awesome to have a full Kemper in a footpedal only format. This can then be carried in a bag, placed on the floor, cable it to powered speaker or direct and bam, you are done. No other device needed... No extra footpedal, no other device, nothing. Kemper footpedal to FOH and you are done.

Many of us do not have big rigs or play large venues. Would be great to have simple footpedal only kemper...

• Sounds like you want the new Ax8 from Fractal ;) The Kemper in a pedal would be cool. I'm wondering if a version without the profiling features (just play your imported rigs and the like). Cool idea!!

• From what I could tell the AX8 will be kind of like a stripped down version of a full Axefx though, so if Kemper wanted to do something like what is being suggested, there may be a viable market for it. I'd probably be interested, even if it was somewhat stripped down (ie, no profiling capabilities, etc.).

• Kemper would be smart to produce one of these. Fractal is doing it so I wouldn't be surpised if we saw something like this from Kemper.

All it needs is enough room/power for 10-20 rigs and a selection of the main stomps and effects

I would purchase one in a heartbeat.

Edited once, last by Calaban ().

• I don't know if I'd be interested in a stripped down version of the Kemper. The toaster has got a really superb form factor and I can easily carry it, a guitar and a foot controller without any difficulty. Might have been different with the rack.

That said, it would probably be a very smart move for Kemper, as it would enable them to target what I see as an entirely different market from the current Axe and Kemper userbase. But for my purposes, if I have a top-of-the-shelf device, I don't see myself paying money for a product that doesn't have the same features.

If it had similar capabilities, of course, I would probably change my mind.

• I don't know if I'd be interested in a stripped down version of the Kemper. The toaster has got a really superb form factor and I can easily carry it, a guitar and a foot controller without any difficulty. Might have been different with the rack.

That said, it would probably be a very smart move for Kemper, as it would enable them to target what I see as an entirely different market from the current Axe and Kemper userbase. But for my purposes, if I have a top-of-the-shelf device, I don't see myself paying money for a product that doesn't have the same features.

If it had similar capabilities, of course, I would probably change my mind.

Looking at what others are doing in terms of ins and outs on the back of a floorboard form factor, Kemper could potentially keep all the current unit's capabilities (ie they should be able to have all the jacks that are currently on the back of a toaster/rack on a pedal form factor) provided they could fit the 'brain' of the KPA into a pedal form. There are obvious ramifications to consider though, not the least of which is the professional market who would like to have everything backstage and just a foot controller on stage (or multiples) but this (hypothetical) unit would more than likely be aimed at a different crowd. I'd sure be interested if it had most or all of the capabilities of the original, even if it didn't have the profiling capability.

• I would almost take an even more stripped down version that had a 1 space powered rack version that could hold a couple of my signature sounds with a simple bulletproof 5 button performance remote. A pass through for a rackmount crybaby wah to the remote would just make me die.

• Personally, I think it would be a mistake to dilute their philosophy, or even throw it out of the window in the case of a non-profiling Profiler...!

Cheese,
    Sam

I think you are probably right on that one, but I think they could pull off the whole enchilada in a foot pedal format, but I am not an engineer, nor do I run their business! It would be pretty amazing to have it all in a floorboard format though.

• I would be up for one of these. I like the idea of a non-profiling board. Just transfer your profiles from the toaster to the board. Of course I would expect it to be a bit cheaper!

My name is Chris & I'm a guitar-a-holic!