Wouldn't it be nice to....

• Wouldn't it be nice to....let know which profile you can use to sound your guitar like in that song you want to cover. It's always a profile that you can choose. OK! Good profile but not what I'm looking for to sound like the original. Or I'm I asking too much...

Example: I like to sound like the guitar on She Sells Sanctuary (The Cult). I have to dial from hundreds of (clean) profiles and then go on a search for matching fx which lead may times to overdone tweaking.
    Most of all profiles (free or bought) origin from the amps, not for a range of songs to sound alike. Is there a list made of guitarsounds which refer to used profile amp and matching fx for that particular song?

• Totally!! This is a feature that Line 6 has attempted with their gear in a pretty slick way. My sense is that Kemper has done most of their investing in the profiling quality and perfecting the interface while Line 6 has really tried to build a more packaged experience to draw in a larger swath of customers with a significantly lower quality tonal outcome. Long story short, I'd love that kind of profile for certain songs or artists. I'm using a "Gilmourish" profile that I like a lot for a similar purpose.

• OK! I tried that too, but it's no way sounding like the real thing. And besides that it can't be used for so many other sounds that have a totally different amp and espacially fx character (not to mention your type of guitar). And let things be clear: The KPA sounds great, but it's not the holy grail for what you can use instantly for a particular song that you want to play when it comes to a cover.
    Like f.i. my search for She sells Sanctuary. I had a awesome sounding preset in my old Line 6 Vetta Head but that's of course not a Kemper. The way I had set this up in the Vetta (still owning this amp) is totally different and almost incomparable from how the KPA 's structure works, especially in the fx parameters section. Right? Then try to match this...

• [quote][/f you search the forum for band names, some things will turn up. But, a big list is a great idea. You can start a page on the Wiki, and invite everyone to contribute to it. quote]

The Vetta forum supplied for this,with contributions from members/users from all of the world. Personally slighty tweaking for your specific guitar got you where you wanted to be .

This is a good idea but... i find playing style and guitar used also contributes alot to the way a song sounds, so i dont think you will always match it 100%. but its always good to get somewhere in the ball park to start with.

Everyone is entitled to have his own opinion on this issue. But I guess thear are many among us who like to expand with the idea to sound like an specifice original and learn from there how that was made. Could be also a way in better understanding the dynamics and structure of the KPA

• It would not have to be on the Wiki. The KPA Forum and Rig Exchange can be used right now for this - it is just a matter of people naming the rigs to associate them with the song/band.

Yes a bit like Line 6 did. The sound for surfing with the alien by satriani was called Satches Alien on the vetta, and there were others aswell that had links to certain songs IIRC. Van Halen and U2 come to mind. If people did a profile for say the Whitesnake song Is This Love they could call the profile this and then in the tags be even more specific.

• FWIW the Line 6 approach to matching songs and artists yielded mostly terrible and unusable results.
    Last time I checked was when the Amplifi series came out and it wasn't better.
    So what I think is this: If you really want to do a good cover of a song you
    1. Study playing style of the artist thoroughly.
    2. Research the gear used which is easy nowadays on different dedicated websites.
    3. Look for a similar rig in the rig exchange.

If you follow this order sequentielly you'll get much better results than with any customtone.com etc.

• So what I think is this: If you really want to do a good cover of a song you
    1. Study playing style of the artist thoroughly.
    2. Research the gear used which is easy nowadays on different dedicated websites.
    3. Look for a similar rig in the rig exchange.

And,
    4. POST the edited rig with a name that makes it easy to associate with the song :)
    (Make sure the original rig and cabinet author(s) are still given credit in the rig's tags)

• If people did a profile for say the Whitesnake song Is This Love they could call the profile this and then in the tags be even more specific.

That is exactly what I did! I posted 4 rigs for different parts of this song, labelled, and nobody's really paid them any attention. I have since tweaked them many times (mostly volumes), but have yet to bother re-uploading to the RE. Maybe I have to be more specific with my tag labelling, but this was exactly my attempt. They sound great live with my band btw.

Gary ô¿ô

• That is exactly what I did! I posted 4 rigs for different parts of this song, labelled, and nobody's really paid them any attention. I have since tweaked them many times (mostly volumes), but have yet to bother re-uploading to the RE. Maybe I have to be more specific with my tag labelling, but this was exactly my attempt. They sound great live with my band btw.

now that is a shame :( I must admit I very rarely use the RE I have way to many profiles as it is ;) and hunting through there doesn't appeal to me at the moment. But I'm sure someone will defo find them useful I've seen a few users on here mention there passion for whitesnake. again I think it's down to profiles overload/saturation people have there favourites and tend to stick with what they know. I know I do

• Hi Guys,
    i think its very difficult to get "the exact sound of....). This is what we are searching for, the whole lifetime.
    I've got my best results when i use my ears, this means i am not looking for the used gear, for example from Steve Vai, for his sound "for the love of god" i ve got the the best results not with a Legacy Amp. I used a boogie rig . What i do is to load the song in freeware tool called virtual dj. Then i loop a little part of the main riff , play it like i hear it and tweak the kpa near to the sound. Then i try differnt hall and other effects. It takes time, but mostely it works. For me the sound depents on the guitar ( its difficult to play a Satriani Style Sound with a Les Paul), and the PA System you use. I have a brand new HK nano 600. it works great. Last year i used an atomic reactor 50 Watt and it sounds bad, because you cant get deep bass out of it.
    Last words: The basic rigs, for example from thumas, are a very good basis. The rest is tweak, tweak, tweak.

• I've found the KPA different than modelers I've tried in the past because the patches do indeed sound like the amp they are named after.
    When attempting to use Boss or Line6 stuff, I had to ignore the names and use my ears. With the KPA, if you know the gear the artist used, that's a great place to start.
    I needed a Floyd patch and I started with the factory preset TAF Hiwatt and added a Big Muff stomp to it and got immediately good results.