Buzzy, overdrive-kind of noise on every rig in Performance mode only!!

• I bought a KPA about a week ago. Immediately I downloaded the latest firmware update.

I had a hard time finding a rig with a real clean sound. Every (clean) rig distorted a bit. I first thought it was my telecaster, since it didn't make sense that none of the supposed clean sounds were not actually clean, tried another guitar, which didn't solve my problem. I read some different posts and threads, and found out that others had experienced the same issue: the (my) KPA distorts the signal digitally in some way, i think, but then i noticed, that it's only in Performance mode. The exact same rig with the exact same settings on the exact same guitar has a nice and clean! sound in browse mode, but makes this weird buzzing when loaded in Performance mode.

It's quite frustrating since it's so obviously some software problem, some bug that appears when in Performance mode.

What to do? Anyone who has noticed this (and maybe know how to fix it)?

• I'd start by looking at the distortion and clean sense settings (under Input soft button) in performance mode versus browser mode. Are they locked? Are they different? I'd start with them both at 0 for working this issue.

• Sorry for the late response! I had kinda forgot that I made this post.

Anyhow. I figured out, that it was me, that was a Kemper-noob. The 'Noise Gate' was turned up in Performance mode, wherefore the natural noise was "hidden" before i started playing, and therefore sounded like distortion that was added. Also with the 'Noise Gate' turned way up, it (of course) cut off notes played soft and gently, which sounded like a digital problem.

Again: sorry for leaving you hanging, and thanks for the replies. :)

• Be aware that the moment you load a Rig from your Browse Pool into a Performance, it will become independent. Editing of any Rig parameter in Performance Mode won't impact the original Rig in your Browse Pool and vice versa. Noise Gate Intensity is just one of those Rig parameters.