Clean Tone

• TAF's '58 Tweed Pro w/Jensen 2x12:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Rig Exchange Dr. Z Route 66 (B5T5V5) w/Orange 2x12:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Factory Matchless HC30 w/Matchless 2x12:

• I think it's a widely held opinion that the best overall rig in the exchange is the Morgan AC20 by rmpacheco. It's right on the edge of breakup, so you can back off for really clean, or boost for a bit of overdrive. With stomps you can take it to a pretty heavy tone very easily. I'm sure I tweaked it a bit for my own tastes, but overall, I can't think of a finer profile.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I think it's a widely held opinion that the best overall rig in the exchange is the Morgan AC20 by rmpacheco. It's right on the edge of breakup, so you can back off for really clean, or boost for a bit of overdrive. With stomps you can take it to a pretty heavy tone very easily. I'm sure I tweaked it a bit for my own tastes, but overall, I can't think of a finer profile.

This is wisdom! ;)

• Don't forget to try making clean tones. Often distorted amp tones sound awesome clean when you take down the Kemper's gain knob.

While the Kemper doesn't distort up accurately from a clean profile, it does scale down clean much more accurately from a distorted profile.

But as to free or paid cleans, here is a shot of my Kemper's profiles in Rig Manager of cleans I've really liked enough to flag as such:

[Blocked Image: http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o713/YelloBeard/NifvOxjD5nDSJpas1eB65Csu7y1VzZ3VcajnEzCkDlo_zps5fl5uhxw.png]

The free ones are AGUS and Thierry
    The rest are commercial: And44 is TAF profiles, Pete Turley are Pete's Profiles.
    Typically when I take a distorted one down to a clean it's from TAF's distorted ones from Pack 6 and Pack 8.
    Of the ones here, the Wagener ones are really different, very full with mids if you like that.
    I love the AGUS a lot for that "in the room" amp. Its my "Morgan AC20", lol. Really versatile.
    The MBritt Dumble is really nice, fat but sonorous.
    My favorite commercials ones are the TAF 65 Amps Clean and Supro 1624T Clean which are crisp and really let your guitar's natural tone shine through.

Edited once, last by db9091 ().