" Cabinet " Volume ....... what does it do ? .... should it generally be 0 ???

• Hey all

I've noticed that some Studio Profiles have the " Cabinet " Volume at 0 and some have it cranked way-up - to clarify, I mean the " Volume" that shows up when you long-press the " Cabinet " button

So ......

(A) does this Cabinet volume increase the sound of the " whole rig " ie: the whole rig / profile evenly ?

-or-

(B) does this Cabinet volume only increase the Cabinet volume relative to the Amp volume ie: so you can emphasize or de-emphasize the Cabinet part of the sound to be more-or-less, relative to the Amp ?

Ben

Edited 3 times, last by benifin ().

• Thanks Ingolf

I have edited my OP to clarify what I meant as I'm not sure if I was clear [ or not ] in what I wrote.....

..... I am referring specifically to the " Volume" that shows up when you long-press the " Cabinet " button

So to paraphrase you Ingolf:-

=> does this Cabinet volume control have exactly the same effect as rig volume ? ie:- its mainly used to even out volume differences when using one Cabinet with different Amps ?

Thanks
    Ben

• If you change the Cabinet Volume and have a look in the Amp-Block, they´ve the same settings. If you change the Cab Volume the volume in the amp-Block is linked.

• To my ears, it sounds different as it seems to impart more of the sound characteristic of the cabinet as well as volume.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me