Input Sense - Confused

• Hi,

I am trying to set up an input preset for a less powerful guitar. Increasing the distortion sense works.......the volume (not master) compensates for the lack of clean input.....

But when I save the profile, the only way to make it "stick" is to select the input and then lock it.....is this correct process when swapping over guitars?

However, the volume (the bottom volume control by the input socket) that I tried to save to the input patch didn't work. How do I increase the clean volume? I thought that increasing the clean sense increased the volume of the clean patches compared to the higher gain patches. I'm happy with my balance of patches generally, I just want an overal increase in the volume with this guitar (to match my main guitar) and for it to drive the higher gain patches similarly - which is why I have increased the distortion sense.

Help!

Thanks,
    Andy

• Thanks. I had watched this before. What it boils down to is that I need to leave the Clean Sense as it was to keep my even volumes across rigs of different gain settings. The distortion sense will deal with my lower output guitar. However, when swapping guitars I have to change the master volume to compensate - that's a pity - particularly at a gig, as there is some guess work there. I would have much preferred to have worked out how much extra volume I needed and have that saved with the input preset.

Another oddity. Imagine I save my input settings as "backup guitar".....and then go back in and change the clean sense....when I save it....it creates another input preset "backup guitar" rather than saving the settings to the existing preset....so then I have to go in and delete the duplicates....not ideal....or am I missing something?

Cheers,
    Andy

• My backup guitar never sounded right with some of my settings/rigs even with adjusted Input settings, they are after all 2 completely different guitars. I ended up treating my backup guitar with some respect and gave it it's own patches (31-60) as well as input settings and tweaked them until I liked them. In some cases I wound up using different rigs to get things where I liked them. Though it was a lot of work I'm much happier now when switching on stage.