Merged profiles and cab driver

• I have yet to find an answer to this. Cabdriver makes studio profiles feel more like and amp into a cab. Whilst merged have actual amp sound and cab in a profile. If I leave cab driver on using a merged profile will it mess and still try and give me the cab driver studio sound?

• from the manual:

"Regular Studio Profiles are created using a guitar amp and a speaker cabinet, captured by a microphone (or several microphones). The resulting Studio Profile is split into two portions: an Amplifier and a Cabinet Profile, with the sound of the microphone becoming an integral part of the Cabinet Profile. Since the Studio Profile is taken in one go, it is complete and perfect as it is. While there is no exact information about the separate sound of the amp or cabinet, the Profiler uses an intelligent algorithm to create the best approximation of a separation line between the Amplifier and Cabinet Profiles. This algorithm is called CabDriver. CabDriver makes it possible to separate the Amplifier and Cabinet Profiles of a Studio Profile, and combine them with those chosen from another Rig or Preset. It also allows you to switch off the cabinet simulation (“Monitor Cab Off”) to drive a real physical guitar cabinet. The typical interactions between the original tube power-amp and the cabinet, are captured within the Amplifier Profile.
    The result is thus highly authentic, and ready to be amplified by a solid-state amp, or the optional, built-in class-D power-amp of Profiler PowerHead and PowerRack.

Fully authentic results can be achieved by creating or using so-called Direct Amp Profiles. This is described further below."

you cannot switch CabDriver on or off.
    It is the algorithm that creates a separation of the Amp and Cab portion of studio profiles.

In merged profiles no algorithm is needed, since both situations (studio and amp direct) were captured by the Profiler.

savvy? :)

• I knew all of that and have read it before. But, there is a switch called cabdriver I can switch on and off. So on a merged profile if I switch keep it on does it try and treat the merged profile like a studio profile using the full profile of amp and cab the running Cabdriver algorithm.

• So the button called "Monitor Cab Off" so when that is engaged it runs the cabdriver algorithm. So that option is still available in merged profiles. So having it engaged using a merged cab does that still uses the cab and modify it or do I have to leave it on to hear the actual amp sound?

• it's like I said:
    the CabDriver is only activating for studio profiles, since there is no known point of separation.

when the Profiler has information available about the amp/cabinet separation (Merged Profile), it uses this of course :)

so activating "Monitor Cab Off" with a merged profile gives you the authentic Direct Amp sound on the monitor output.

• it's like I said:
    the CabDriver is only activating for studio profiles, since there is no known point of separation.

when the Profiler has information available about the amp/cabinet separation (Merged Profile), it uses this of course :)

so activating "Monitor Cab Off" with a merged profile gives you the authentic Direct Amp sound on the monitor output.

Hi Don. One more question. For Merged profiles, I've found that the sound changes when I turn off Cabinet (soft button). If I want to go monitor out, solid state, power amp and guitar speaker. Do I turn off Cabinet as well as the "Monitor cab off" If so is what happens with the sound Main out to FOH?

• Only "Monitor cab off". Leave the cab button on the front of the KPA on. This way the cab sim stays on for the Main Outs, but is off for Monitor Out.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Thanks Kempermaniac. Problem is that the sound changes and so does the respons when you hit the strings. More rapid and direkt feeling when I turn Cabinet off, wonder why? Is there a way aound this? I will probably choose Cabinet off for now.

• So the button called "Monitor Cab Off" so when that is engaged it runs the cabdriver algorithm. So that option is still available in merged profiles. So having it engaged using a merged cab does that still uses the cab and modify it or do I have to leave it on to hear the actual amp sound?

Well, this is a precise question and here is the precise answer.

Switching off the cabinet is possible by "MonitorCabOff" exclusively for the monitor out and the optional power amp. By switching off the cabinet on the front panel it is bypassed for all outputs.

In both cases, the CabDriver algorithm is automatically utilized, when you use studio profiles. However, when you change to a merged profile, the CabDriver is not needed and thus not utilized. Instead, the pure sound of the amp portion - the direct amp profile - is fed to the output.

The choice of CabDriver or direct amp profile is done automatically based on the type of the profile - studio or merged.

Please advice if the manual is not accurate at some point, in this regard.