when I use monitor out the sound is great but when I use the main outs the sound is really muffled

• Hi Guys,
    when I use monitor out the sound is great but when I use the main outs the sound is really muffled. I've tried to solve this problem hour by hour but...
    I also rebooted my Kemper but nothing changed.
    I'm using firmware 3.0
    So far, I've been working with factory rigs only.

The Inputs (clean and dist.) are all set to 0,0db
    Parallel path - disabled
    monitor cab off - disabled
    power amp boost - 0,0db

Output Volumes
    Main Out - linked -15,7db (doesn't make a difference if I unlinked it)
    monitor volume - linked -15,7db
    direct volume - disabled
    headphone vol. - linked -15,7db

monitor output EQ - everything is set to 0,0
    main output EQ - everything is set to 0,0
    output addons - spdf not linked - 0,0db (I don't think this is relevant to solve this problem)

hardware:
    Kemper goes into a powered stereo cab (tailored for the Kemper)
    I've used XRL as well as instrument cables (Klotz and Cordial - as short as possible) - hasn't solved the problem.

as I said: When I use the monitor out and the cab input the sound is really great (if I use only one input channel of the cab it automatically works mono)
    When I use the stereo main outs and the cab's stereo inputs it sounds really muffled. This also happens when I turn the main outs to mono.

However, when I use the stereo main outs --> into my USB-Interface (Roland Quad-Capture) and use my headphones the sound is brilliant.

I hope you have a recommendation. Thx in advance
    Günter

• I am currently researching something similar.

Meaning, I am in the process of wanting to purchase a powered monitor but want to use it for everything. Here is the issue.

You said "Kemper goes into a powered stereo cab (tailored for the Kemper)"…do you have a powered or non-powered Kemper? I believe if you have a powered Kemper then you must use a powered speaker for the monitor and non-powered when using your main outputs.

This is what I am researching right now…I have a powered rack Kemper and when I use a non-powered cab with my monitor out I have very low volumes but when I use a powered one it rocks.

According to the manual I believe the is the set up you/me are looking for. I hope this helps.

:thumbup: "A single note can be short lived but a melody will last a life time." Paul Muller

• Thanks. I have a powered one. However in this case I'm not using the amp because I don't use the speaker out.
    As far as I know the "on board amp" doesn't affect in any case the main outs nor does it affect the monitor out. And whether I put it on or off in the Output menu - the sound doesn't change.

- Everything is fine with the monitor out.
    - When I use "speaker out" to a unpowered cab also everything sounds fine.
    - But I want to use the stereo main outs because my powered cab is also stereo - still bad sound.

Should have another reason.

Talked to Marco Wendel today [email protected] - he built the cab - doesn't seem to be a problem of internal cabling. :S?(?(

• I believe if you have a powered Kemper then you must use a powered speaker for the monitor and non-powered when using your main outputs.

Powered Profilers have an extra Speaker Out (marked with a red ring).
    [Blocked Image: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/donelectro/image.jpg1_zpsc5citcet.jpg]
    this is the only output that has the speaker level signal.
    All other outputs, regardless of which Profiler you have, are line level outputs.

hth

• No difference whether I use the left or the right channel or both

Tried what Don recommended: Connected my Iphone as mp3 player
    1) to the stereo inputs of my powered cab, directly - sounds good and clear
    2) to the alternative and return input of my Kemper and put the levels of Aux In >Mains and Aux In >Headphone to 8
    result: monitor out - good and clear sound but Main outs - still poor and muffled.

Seems not to be a problem of my cab but of my Kemper. Any idea? Thx

• When the Profilers main outs sound great into your sound card but not over your monitor i would still say the problem must be the monitor. The Profiler has no way to know what is connected to its outputs. It just delivers the same sound whatsoever.
    What happens when you connect the Profiler to your soundcard and go from the output of your soundcard into the powered cab?

• Günter and me talked to each other via phone. It´s really like he said.

Cabinet = on
    Main Out = Master Stereo
    Monitor Out = Master Left
    Direct Out = Master Right
    Monitor and Main Output EQs are flat.
    All effects are off. Just Amplifier, EQ and Cabinet (middle section) are on. So there shouldn´t be any phase or modulation problems.

The FRFR amp (BlueAmps Spark) connected to...
    ...the Monitor Out (mono, the amp switches the right and the left side to the input) sounds okay.
    ...the Direct Out ( ..same mono..) sounds okay.
    ...Direct and Monitor Out (stereo, 2x mono cable) sounds okay.
    ...the Headphone Out (mono, no stereo cable) sounds okay.
    ...Günters MP3 player (stereo to 2x mono cable) sound okay.
    ...the Main Out (stereo, 2x mono cable) sounds NOT okay. Less presence.

The soundcard connected to the Main Outs (stereo, 2x mono cable) sound okay.

The last two things are really crazy.

Maybe the input inpedance of the soundcard/Spark?

I´ve never heard of such a problem. All Sparks I sold do their jobs if connected to other KPAs Main Out. I use a Spark on my own. So I´m really interested to solve this problem, too.