Rig Manager Problem

• Last week I transfered some rigs into the Profiler via Rig Manager. During this process Rig Manager shut down. After restart Rig Manager didn't find "My Profiler" any more.
    I tried a lot and at last I deinsatlled an reinstalled Rig Manager (last version) again, with no better result. After that I installed OS 3.02 again on my Profiler and then once again Rig Manager. Also: no result (RM doesn't sync with my Profiler any more ).
    I made a ticket for support.
    The whole week the support tried to help but didn't succeed. Today I got the lapidar answer: Sorry but we can't help any more.

This forum now is my last hope to make RigManager work again, as it did for 2 years without any problems.
    Are there any ideas what I should still try?
    Any help?

• Wow that's terrible. Seems like I've been reading this a lot recently where RM can no longer see the profiler. Are you on a PC or a mac? One thing that seems to help a lot of people is trying a different USB port on their computer. Also, I would try a different USB cable as well.

• You can also hook up the USB cable to any printer to test it and the port. I would do a system restore, delete the files you were importing when it all went nuts (they may be corrupt) and then try a reinstall again. You might do a backup on your Kemper first and then a factory restore before you try anything I mentioned, that way you can be sure it's clean.

• USB backup your Kemper, factory restore the Kemper from System menu, uninstall Rig manager, Restore Windows to a time before problem started, reinstall Rig Manager, punt and pray.

• If possible before you do all that reformating, etc... Can you find another computer or laptop to install the latest RM on and test the KPA hooked up to that. It would be a lot faster and narrow down possible issues quicker. IMHO

• I'm on 1.3.5
    and I've got no additional PC

I just deinstalled Rig Manager
    recovered Windows to an older Version (where no Problem occured)
    Deinstalled all RM-Versions again
    Downloaded the new RM
    and in a few minutes will know if this is successful
    please wait.....

• Are you familiar with Device Manager in Windows? If so look under Sound, Video section you should see Kemper Profiler listed if it's plugged in and recognized by the operating system. If it shows up then your computer should be able to talk to it through RM, I'm not sure why it isn't connecting at that point. Next I would do a system reset after I made a backup to flash drive.

System Reset: Power off KPA, hold down system button and turn chickenhead to Tuner while continuing to hold the system button down. Reset could take a couple minutes.

Edited 2 times, last by Zapman ().

• Thanks for your advice.

The computer recognizes the KPA but RM doesn't.

I got a last hint of the support team: there is a hidden path the profiler uses to store all rigs. this must be damaged or changed so that windows hinders the KPA to access to "My Profiler".
    I got an instruction to repair this and will give it a triy this evening.

I'll report.

• The files under \AppData\Local\Kemper Amps\RigManager\ (hidden path) had to be pushed on the Desktop then RM has been deinstalled and just after reinstallation..... what a miracle..... the "Hurricane-Profiler" has been shown again in the Rig Manager.
    The only Thing is , that I had to recreate all of my Folders and subfolders in RM.
    So it could be an Advantage to save all rigs additionally on your harddisk and not backup by RM alone.
    This is especially recommended for the commercial-rigs .

So I'm happy again.
    Thanks for your Patience and help.

• The files under \AppData\Local\Kemper Amps\RigManager\ (hidden path) had to be pushed on the Desktop then RM has been deinstalled and just after reinstallation..... what a miracle..... the "Hurricane-Profiler" has been shown again in the Rig Manager.
    The only Thing is , that I had to recreate all of my Folders and subfolders in RM.
    So it could be an Advantage to save all rigs additionally on your harddisk and not backup by RM alone.
    This is especially recommended for the commercial-rigs .

So I'm happy again.
    Thanks for your Patience and help.

Glad to hear that you're back online!!

• The files under \AppData\Local\Kemper Amps\RigManager\ (hidden path) had to be pushed on the Desktop then RM has been deinstalled and just after reinstallation..... what a miracle..... the "Hurricane-Profiler" has been shown again in the Rig Manager. The only Thing is , that I had to recreate all of my Folders and subfolders in RM.

i'm happy to see that you finally located the directory as support requested you a week ago. maybe there was a reason why you were told in the end that we cannot help you and the reason was not as "lapidar" as you thought. good that you Rig Manager is working again.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here